Dumb wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb wiring question

Just completed running wires from the lights on the hard top down to under the helm area. I used duplex wiring, and I'm wondering if there are any good tricks to make splitting the wires easier? I'm going to need to remove about a foot of the duplex cover. This will allow reaching the positive and negative connections.

My approach at the other end was to take a utility knife and cut the sheath between the two wires. That seems slow and tedious to do for longer cuts. Is there a trick?
    1990 Mako 230[br]1999 Mercury 225 EFI[br]2004 Lund Alaskan 1600[br]2005 Mercury Bigfoot 25[br]Wrentham MA[br]

Score the outer sheath as you did and then simply pull on the wires -- the outer sheath should come apart easily.
    ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

The only trick is to not cut the covering of the inner wires! I figure out how much I need exposed, run a score ring around the outer cover and start pulling on it. If you have a good bit to remove then you need to cut down the middle. Tedious until you do it a couple dozen times then will be a pro. [8D]
      1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
      1985 Mako 20c - sold
      Fort Walton Beach, FL
      http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Working...
      X