New 232 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 232 owner

Hi everybody, picked up a 2000 232 w/Merc 250 efi. Boat was rough, put quite a bit of $$ into bringing her up to standard.

Just dropped her in the water, to find I have a leak and I've narrowed it down to just above the water line and think it's the deck drain hose on the port side. Outlet is below the water line, water coming back up to water line or just above to where I believe the leak is. I have removed the full inspection plate on the transom and only to find the water dribbling down from behind the bulk head where the drain hose is routed through and the hose from the side drain comes through there too.

Anyone have any ideas on how to view the other side of the bulk head and/or replace the deck drain hose? I'm going to put a rag in the through hull fitting below the water line to see if that slows it to verify that is the issue.

Congrats on the new ride, send some photos, to show the situation. Its a little tricky to up load photos, there is a tutorial the the top of the New Members Forum page.id="size3">

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Sorry about your leak but not sure what to tell ya
      1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

Comment

I will get some photo's of her up later, but I did get the situation rectified.

Both deck drains were so bad the PVC cracked the whole way around and both hoses were resting just below the drain holes below the deck. The port side hose laid low below the water line and was letting water in through the transom through hull fitting. The starboard side hose had tension on it and kept it close to the deck above the water line so no water was coming in. Had to disconnect the hoses off the through hull fittings to get slack to put the new drains on, all fixed and good to go.

Comment

Here are some photos finally....

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

And she does do some catchin.....

[/URL]

Comment

Good looking boat. Where are you located?
            1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
            1985 Mako 20c - sold
            Fort Walton Beach, FL
            http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Boat is kept at Lake Tuscaloosa, AL but we go down to Marathon once a year, that's where the pics were taken and plan on doing some yellow fin fishing in the Gulf next year.

Comment

Working...
              X