Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Owner

Hello

I am a new owner of a 1987 Mako 261 with twin Yamaha 200s. I have lived in the Keys for 40 years and have always had a boat of one kind or another. I look forward to learning more about my boat and keeping it in pristine condition. I fish a lot and go to waterfront restaurants for dinner and lunch. Sunsets at the 7 Mile Bridge are spectacular also.[8D]
    1987 Mako 261 Twin 200 Yamahas

Also just joined. We have been going to the Keys since 1980 and have rented boats several times a year. Last April I rented a 241 Mako and this sold me on older Mako hulls. I live in Michigan and bought a one owner freshwater 1990 201 with 40 hours on rebuilt 200 Yamaha. I had it shipped to and am keeping it at a marina on Long Key. Our first time out last week Monday it was blowing 25mph. Took it from long Key to Lorelie in 2 to 3 with no slamming or spray.

We plan on taking several long week ends and even a couple of 2 week trips soon as it is snowing up here as I write this.

I too am looking at this site as a source of information and entertainment.
    Doug TerHorst

Comment

I hope you have decent weather when you vacation in the Keys and get plenty of time on the water to enjoy your Mako. The Loralei is a fun place to go by boat or any transportation available. Food isn't bad either. Have fun down here.

I was born and raised in Fraser, Mich.
      1987 Mako 261 Twin 200 Yamahas

Comment

Working...
      X