new owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new owner

just acquired a 77 mako 21 looking for some in sight on what to look for. the boat has sat for at least 10yrs that i can figure i know the obvious things with the motor I'm familiar with outboards I'm looking for mako specific issues to look for

devildogtrucker,

Welcome to the forum, there is certainly allot of very knowledgeable members here that can help you with your questions and restoration.

It sounds to me like you could be in for some fun times and projects ahead. Please post up some pictures and the members here will be able to give you a better idea of the overall condition of your boat.

Was the boat inside, outside or at least covered during it's rest period?

In the interim check for cracks in the deck, and soft or spongy areas. Look for cracks in the transom also. Those are two areas that frequently need attention on a Classic Mako.
    1990 Mako 231[br]1989 Luhrs T320[br]1973 Egg Harbor 30\' Sedan Fisherman[br]1953 Chris Craft Rocket 17 (Dad\'s Boat)[br]

Comment

just started cleaning it up today was stored out side under pine trees. seems in solid shape so far will post pics soon. how do you get the live well to drain? found numerous spider cracks throughout the boat will need to address them. once done i will post an update. any help is appreciated

Comment

Post up some pics as you go, we all like to see what you are working on and maybe can offer some help on ways to attack your projects.

Looking forward to see what you have.

George
        1990 Mako 231[br]1989 Luhrs T320[br]1973 Egg Harbor 30\' Sedan Fisherman[br]1953 Chris Craft Rocket 17 (Dad\'s Boat)[br]

Comment

MG]http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y391/01greenz71/100_5378_zps9f331d63.jpg[/IMG] i think this should work

Comment

Just copy the IMG code to the right of the picture, make sure the link back is unchecked AND welcome to CM!

1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
            1985 Mako 20c - sold
            Fort Walton Beach, FL
            http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Looks pretty nice in that shot, needs a little cleaning but you are off and running.

Thanks for sharing,

George

Comment

Working...
              X