New Mako owner from MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mako owner from MS

Hello fellow Mako owners, Im proud to join the classic mako community with my 1972 Mako 22. Its a 3 owner boat and has been well taken care of undergone some updates and modifications. Although it needs some TLC and I plan on keeping this boat for very long time as ive been a fan of the classic mako hulls. So heres some specs on it...

1972 Mako22

1998 Evinrude 225

Custom Caldwell t-top with spreader lights and electronics box

lenco trim tabs

4 alpine 6x9s and 2 8" bazooka tubes in console on 1200w amp-jensen head unit

Garmin 546s chartplotter

icom vhf

2 new bilge pumps, forget the brand

all teak replaced with starboard

rear livewells have custom seat covers

sometime in its lifetime around mid 90s the tank was replaced

Now on to the spots that need some attention....

the top of the gunnels were resprayed with a cheap topcoat that has now dry rotted and cracked

the floor has a few soft spots just ahead of the console

bottom paint is getting faded

t top screws have begun to pull thru the floor

transom has been replaced and modified to 25" but shows signs of cracking and has a alluminum brace plate

My plans are this winter to pull the t top and have powdercoated or painted white

pull console and fill unnecessary holes and add bracing where t top and other things bolt to. may rearrange gauges as well

cut into floor and fix soft spots also add bracing where console and t top attach

relocate batteries to underconsole and rewire console

Add the Garmin fuel flow sensor with NMEA2000

respray interior with awlgrip primer and matterhorn white topcoat

wetsand and buff hull sides until next winter when i tend to the transom and respray in a blue hue thats undecided

Get the boats name decals made- "Chillin Tha Most"

Ultimately in the end i want a totally refurbished classic and also plan on repowering with either a yamaha f250 or etec 250.

No fuel burn numbers yet but i can cruise around 4500 rpm at 34-36mph on calm water with 3/4 tank and 4 people onboard. Best speed ive seen was 43mph without touching trim tabs. just trimming out on the engine.

Heres some pics...dont mind the ones that shes dirty in, was before i got her. she was sitting under some pine trees

Looking foward to yalls input and any suggestions or changes you might think would be good!

Thanks,

Caleb
    Chillin The Most-[br]72 Mako22[br]225 Evinrude Ocean Pro[br]Getting a remodel this winter [br]

ChillinTheMost,

Welcome to the forum, looks like a pretty nice boat you have there. She cleaned up rather nicely.

George
    1990 Mako 231[br]1989 Luhrs T320[br]1973 Egg Harbor 30\' Sedan Fisherman[br]1953 Chris Craft Rocket 17 (Dad\'s Boat)[br]

Comment

Caleb,

Welcome to the Madness!!

Congrats on the new to you classic. Nice boat !

Looks like you are like the rest of us.... Already got the list going..[]

Keep us posted on your progress and enjoy your new ride.
      The Salty-Dawg all cleaned up and ready for the next trip ![br]1982 Mako 20B[br]1998 Yamaha 150 [br]

Comment

Looks good and welcome!
        1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
        1985 Mako 20c - sold
        Fort Walton Beach, FL
        http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

thanks for the welcomes!

time to start reading up and getting ready for the makeover to start this winter!
          Chillin The Most-[br]72 Mako22[br]225 Evinrude Ocean Pro[br]Getting a remodel this winter [br]

Comment

Looks like a great boat, and its cleaned up nicely in the the last couple of pictures. I really like the look without the bow rail.

If you want to get rid of the URL text pushing the pictures out to the right, this thread may help.

http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=45829

Welcome!
            M20 project-Finally Splashed!
            https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...r-bottom-paint
            Gallery
            https://forum.classicmako.com/member...kgfisher/media

Comment

Working...
            X