X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phin
    replied
    A '76-'83 25 has an enclosed transom.

After that, the models with a B designation have full transom and factory brackets. e.g.: 261B, 231B

Then, you have the models ending in 2 that are center consoles with fwd seating and euro transoms after 1992. Most of the 23ft + models all have fwd seating areas molded into the deck cap.

Let me know if you need any other info. There is a Q and A thread on classicmako.com that has many very knowledgeable folks, including a member of the family who originally owned and ran Mako in the good days, posting on it about the designs of various models.

Leave a comment:

• andysweetland
    replied
    Check out the mid-late 90's 232. Closed transom, bracket, and lots of bow seating or platform if you want it.

Leave a comment:

• cadeco
    replied
    There was one 1985 closed transom on the Miami's Craigslist. I looked ast the boat and it was in a decent shape. But, the bracket is gone. You can look at that boat ( still there for sale.

Leave a comment:

• brando
    replied
    Finding a bracketed mako is rare but they are out there and go fast. Last one went in less than 12hrs. Keep an eye on craigslist

Leave a comment:

• hydraporter
    started a topic Front Bench Seats AND Factory Bracket

Front Bench Seats AND Factory Bracket

I am hoping some of the Mako experts on here will know the answer to this. I want to find a classic 24-26 Mako to restore. My two must have's are a factory bracket w/ enclosed transom and bow seating (not an open fisherman style). Which models did Mako make that have both?
Working...
X