Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to me 1990 221

[img][/img]

Her she is. I repainted the bottom paint, went through the motor, repaired the trailer, installed through hull scoop with a seacock, put all new plumbing and a 26 gallon livewell under the leaning post, new bildge and livewell pumps, repaired the gps and bottom finder, removed the old name and wet sanded hull, repaired all the running lights, New trailer lights. I am a bit concerned with the tank but may wait a bit before I tackle that project. Transom does seam very sturdy there is no cracks, but I did get a few drops of water out of it when I installed the new transducer. I then took all the screws out and let it dry really well and put 5200 and the screws back in.

[img][/img]

Here is a pic of the new live well.

Here she is in the water great smooth riding boat!!!

Nice ride! Congrats & welcome!!!
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Sailor

Nice ride! Congrats & welcome!!!

Thanks I have been lurking this site for years. I finally got rid of the hydra sports, and moved over to the mako after one ride on my friends. I am trying to get a year or so out of her with the repairs I just did, and then possibly investigating the gas tank after that. I have already used a lot of suggestions from old post on my live well set up and what to look for when I purchased her. Great site!!![)]

Comment

Congratulations on a pretty boat!
        1992 Mako 221 Tuppens Edition W/250 ox66[br]Birmingham/Fairhope, Alabama[br]

Comment

+1 very nice congrats. Welcome to the Owners Club
          OBX, NC - 1992 Mako M-231 - 99 Yamaha ox66 225 -Sold-[br]

Comment

Working...
          X