Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Ft. Lauderdale area T-Top fabricator

Hi All,

New to the forum. I am restoring a 236 with a Chevy 350 V8. I already have it stripped down and have ordered new fuel tanks, electronics, rubrail etc.

I am in the Ft. Lauderdale area And I am looking for a good t-top fabricator.

Any suggestions?

I appreciate any help.

Jim

Hey captain47 I'm also restoring a 236 in delray beach , best bet is to look on Craig's list south Florida lots of ads in there, or take a drive to marine connection liquidators they have a nice selection that might fit the console, post some picks , and welcome to the site.
    Boca raton florida

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Captain47

Hi All,

New to the forum. I am restoring a 236 with a Chevy 350 V8. I already have it stripped down and have ordered new fuel tanks, electronics, rubrail etc.

I am in the Ft. Lauderdale area And I am looking for a good t-top fabricator.

Any suggestions?

I appreciate any help.

Jim

Birdsall Marine in West Palm Beach is a good source and they're great guys.
      Home Office - Fishing and Drinking Professionals

Comment

I have used A-Live & Welding Inc in the past for some repairs...his welds look like a nice tight stack of nickles. worth a call to get a price.

If money is no object, then 2x on Birdsall up in WPB.

A-live & Welding

2850 NE 7th Ave, Pompano Beach, FL 33064

(954) 942-7003

He is in the warehouse district near Lindgren-Pittman..i.e. the area just NE of Copans and Dixie.

Also a pretty good boat graphics guy back in there too.
        [br]DonK[br]Boca Raton, FL[br]1979 236IB: \'The Fish Tank\'[br]1979 Backcountry 18 \'Boner\'[br]<>< <>< <>< <>< ><> J[br]Redneck Troubleshooting:[br]1) If it moves, but ain\'t supposed to, use Duct Tape[br]2) If it don\'t move, but supposed to, use WD40[br]3) If that don\'t fix it, it\'s electrical![br]

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the help! I will try to post some pictures soon.

It is a fun project. I run a large private yacht(153ft) and finally bought a boat for myself. The guy who paints the yacht is restoring the mako for me. It will be fabulous when I am done with it!

I am currently in the Virgin Islands and will be back in Ft. Lauderdale in 3 weeks and will post pictures then.

Best to all,

Jim

Comment

quote:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the help! I will try to post some pictures soon.

It is a fun project. I run a large private yacht(153ft) and finally bought a boat for myself. The guy who paints the yacht is restoring the mako for me. It will be fabulous when I am done with it!

I am currently in the Virgin Islands and will be back in Ft. Lauderdale in 3 weeks and will post pictures then.

Best to all,

Jim

Welcome to the madness !!

Looking forward to seeing those pics.
            The Salty-Dawg all cleaned up and ready for the next trip ![br]1982 Mako 20B[br]1998 Yamaha 150 [br]

Comment

Hi All,

I finally finished the project! It took 4 months to complete it. We took it down to the bare hull, and then some.

EVERYTHING is new, except the power. The engine was removed, serviced, and painted AwlGrip tripple black.

Not a project for the faint of heart or wallet, but I think it was worh it in the end.

I hope these pictures posted, I tried!!!

Jim

MG]

Comment

Wow! Looks awesome and great job.

Comment

It certainly was a labor of love!

It was the talk of the boatyard it was at for 4 months.

Jim

Comment

beautiful!

What yard did the work?
                    [br]DonK[br]Boca Raton, FL[br]1979 236IB: \'The Fish Tank\'[br]1979 Backcountry 18 \'Boner\'[br]<>< <>< <>< <>< ><> J[br]Redneck Troubleshooting:[br]1) If it moves, but ain\'t supposed to, use Duct Tape[br]2) If it don\'t move, but supposed to, use WD40[br]3) If that don\'t fix it, it\'s electrical![br]

Comment

Hi Don,

I did the work at Lauderdale Marine Center. I run a 150 foot yacht for a living and did the work in the shed next to the big boat during our annual maintenance.

Mechanicals/Shafting/Tanks/Final Outfitting H&R Marine

Electrical. Ninja Marine

T-Top. Blue Marlin Towers

Paint/Bodywork Chi Yacht Refinishing

Project Management. Me!

Comment

quote:

Hi Don,

I did the work at Lauderdale Marine Center. I run a 150 foot yacht for a living and did the work in the shed next to the big boat during our annual maintenance.

Mechanicals/Shafting/Tanks/Final Outfitting H&R Marine

Electrical. Ninja Marine

T-Top. Blue Marlin Towers

Paint/Bodywork Chi Yacht Refinishing

Project Management. Me!

Thanks for listing these, Jim. Someday when I have mad-money, I would love to give my old girl 'the treatment like yours

Looking forward to seeing you out on the water. Maybe there should be a S. Florida Mako get-together one of these days

Comment

Very Nice looking 236.... Congrats, I know you will be getting some jealous looks as you go by fellow boaters.[][][]
                          Clyde[br]1978 Mako 23 IB[br]\"Shark Bait\" ***SOLD***[br]Kent Island, Md. [br]gone but not forgotten[br]Current Boat-1985 26Foot Shamrock Cuddy Cabin [br]Yanmar 4LHA-STE 230 HP Diesel Engine[br]

Comment

Working...
                          X