Considering purchasing a 1981 23' mako

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering purchasing a 1981 23' mako

Hi guys, I have been looking around the site trying to soak up as much information as I can. I am currently talking to someone about purchasing a 1981 23' mako. The boat has a 1997 175 Johnson that has been "gone through" 3-4 years ago by a local dealer. The owner states that the boat has been sitting since last year and needs the carbs cleaned to run properly, it will idle and run at half speed currently. The owner wants $5,000 for the boat and a newer (2000+) trailer. I'm wondering if this seems like a good deal, I know these boats can range from a couple thousand dollars all the way up to $20,000+ restored. Any comments, questions, opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by Constantsea

Hi guys, I have been looking around the site trying to soak up as much information as I can. I am currently talking to someone about purchasing a 1981 23' mako. The boat has a 1997 175 Johnson that has been "gone through" 3-4 years ago by a local dealer. The owner states that the boat has been sitting since last year and needs the carbs cleaned to run properly, it will idle and run at half speed currently. The owner wants $5,000 for the boat and a newer (2000+) trailer. I'm wondering if this seems like a good deal, I know these boats can range from a couple thousand dollars all the way up to $20,000+ restored. Any comments, questions, opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome !

Do you have any pics of the boat,motor and trailer ? Try to get as much history as you can from the seller and post that with the pics.

That would help us in giving an opinion as to it value

Thanks

The Salty-Dawg all cleaned up and ready for the next trip ![br]1982 Mako 20B[br]1998 Yamaha 150 [br]

Comment

Working...
    X