New Boat owner of 1979 Mako Backcountry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Boat owner of 1979 Mako Backcountry

Hello to all. Im a new boat owner essentially although I bought this vessel last year im just now diving in to restoring it to former glory status as my pet project.

Im 33 and have always wanted a boat of my own, and now that I have one and have no knowledge in manteinance and upkeep (the how to's) I'm finding this site as well as all of your insight very helpful.

Thanks for everyones help with the questions because I know they will be plentiful on my end. [)][img]
    1979 Mako 18 Backcountry Serial No.19 of 20[br]

Congrats and welcome to CM! You definitely have a classic. Ask away!
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Thanks. And to think I was going to buy a tracker before I saw this beauty!

Comment

Nize! Welcome. May I ask where did you find her?
        Jibber[br]Newnan, Ga to Orange Beach, Ala[br]99\' Mako 221

Comment

Actually found it near the Mountains in North Carolina. Couldn't pass up a rare versatile boat. Its awesome for bass, crappie and cat fishing, which is what it is mostly used for since I live inland, and great in the salt.

Comment

Great Lookin Ride!

Welcome to the addiction!
            Just call me \"J.\"[br]77 Mako 21 Project[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35110[br]85 Mako 17 / 90 ETEC - SOLD[br]Wilmington, NC[br]

Comment

Welcome to CM !

Nice looking boat. There are a lot of people on here with tons of knowledge that are always happy to help.

Enjoy the new rig !
              The Salty-Dawg all cleaned up and ready for the next trip ![br]1982 Mako 20B[br]1998 Yamaha 150 [br]

Comment

Working...
              X