Looking to join the Mako Club!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to join the Mako Club!

Members please help! I would like to have an honest opinion. I am in the market to buy a classic mako. I have found several that fit the bill down in the South Florida area. I am 800 miles away an are willing to make the trip to pick one up. I think the 20 classic would be the best fit between the marsh and bays down in Louisiana. I would be taking usually 4 people each time. We are pure fisherman and thought the 19 and 17 ft boats would be a little to small. I would love a 22 or 23 but don't have a vechicle that can pull them. Also a little to much boat for me right now with 80gallons of gas bait and fuel etc. Please give me some feedback and guidance.

I'm pretty new here too, bought my mako this past summer, moved up from a 15 whaler. The 20's are nice, that's what I was looking for till I came across my 191. It's A LOT of boat for a 19'. I was very surprised. I can fish 4 comfortably, and the ride is awesome, has more bow flare than the older models. They seem hard to find though, I have looked to compare boats, not many around. I think I got a pretty good buy, with a newer single axle trailer, Merc 150 in very good condition I paid $8k. I will say, it's not built like the older Makos...my dad's 22, 23, and 25 we had( not all at the same time!) in the 70's 80's were tanks!
    Salem County, NJ[br]Whaler 15 SS (sold)[br]Mako 191[br]

Comment

The 23 footers are perfect for South LA for variety of waters.I have an older 23 with twin I/os but the outboard versions are even less draft.My 23 has been in Delacroix,Black bay,Barataria bay ect.Went anywhere I wanted it to go and handles gulf waters well.They are built like tanks.That being said 21 would be smallest I would go with 4 people

Comment

Working...
      X