Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought a 228. Needs a little bit more work than I anticipated. But really excited about make it my own. I ripped out all the un-nessesary wiring under the gauges. it was a cluster. It used to be a coast guard boat at lake havasu. Had lights, sirens and a bunch of switches. Also rigged for duel engines. Now it has a 225 Evinrude. I looking at TRACKER MARINE 130563 MAKO SUZUKI JOHNSON EVINRUDE BOAT GAUGE PANEL on ebay, will these work. Also been reading a lot on these forums and I find myself reading for hours when I should be working on the boat. Awesome info and education. Also the panel over the gas tank has a soft spot. Is this the best core wood to install?

BALTEK 2025 SB 100 GPS AL 48X24X1/2 END GRAIN BOAT BALSA WOOD CORE.

Thanks

Welcome!That should be fine for core, marine ply,or composite route

Comment

Welcome to the family. Can't say for sure regarding the switch panel you are looking at. Your best bet is to have one custom made. This way you can utilize the space you want. Have all your Gauges and switches in one nice and neat compact area.
      1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

Comment

You could probably make the panel work with some modifications. Those panels are designed to plug into a wiring harness from the factory and without knowing if your harness was made to support everything is a guess. Wiring is soooo easy on a boat and most add items individually which is why older boats look like a rats nest under the console. Check out some rewrire posts on here to see how it's done correctly.
        1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
        1985 Mako 20c - sold
        Fort Walton Beach, FL
        http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Working...
        X