Dauphin Island Alabama???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dauphin Island Alabama???

My wifes family is planning a trip for this summer and have booked a place on Dauphin Island. I am not familiar with the area at all was looking for any insight of the area. Not looking for secret fishing spots just looking to not get in trouble with the boat(reefs, shallow spots, obstructions)and such.

On a side note i sold my 1985 mako 21 and bought a 25 foot prosport. a guy at a gas station after a fishing trip made me a offer i couldnt refuse![] I picked up the prosport mainly becouse i could not find the mako i wanted. i really do like the boat so far and have not been disapointed.
    [br]mako 252 center console 1997-twin 1997 200hp johnyrudes pops boat<---for sale[br][br]it\'s just never easy[br]Galveston TX,

I used to live near dauphin island and boated there often. Great fishing all around! Trout just west of the DI bridge, bull reds just off fort Morgan, and there are a lot of rigs just offshore as well. If your are looking to go deep you need to go way out and I never went that far. I pretty much stuck to near shore and inshore. The mobile bay also has artificial reefs that are an easy target. As for vacationing on the island, the water isn't pretty but it is a very relaxing and quiet place, not busy at all. You can boat out to any of the other barrier islands there and have your own private beach. If you are looking for a fun place to just hang out I'd go to Robinson island in orange beach. Water is beautiful and great fun for the family. You can go offshore and motor up to Tacky Jacks for lunch when you get there, or take the icw and stop at Lulus on the way. Feel free to contact me with any other questions!

Comment

Working...
    X