Howdy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy

New here and to Makos but not boats. From Monmouth County NJ, and recently got a 17 mako for a steal. I would even say I down right robbed the guy. Paid 500 for her on a trailer, has a 90hp yamaha engine which may have a misfire or something but runs, went into the deal knowing there were issues with the motor, but I still couldn't pass it up. Not really sure how to post a picture up here yet but once I figure it out I'll throw one up.
    Brielle, NJ[br]

[img]/img]
    Brielle, NJ[br]

Comment

Welcome to the family! Great job on learning to how to post pictures that fast.
      1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

Comment

Congratulations and welcome!
        1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
        1985 Mako 20c - sold
        Fort Walton Beach, FL
        http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Congrats and welcome !

Looks like you did well on the purchase !
          The Salty-Dawg all cleaned up and ready for the next trip ![br]1982 Mako 20B[br]1998 Yamaha 150 [br]

Comment

500 bucks...guy must've really needed the money! Congratulations...more pics? Are you going to do any restoration work?
            [/URL]

Comment

Yeah I couldn't be happier about the deal, and I just acquired a 85 hp yamaha through barter to replace the 90. The 90 would need a lot of work, there is zero compression in one of the cylinders which leads me to believe one of them has a crack or something serious. The 85 is pretty much the same motor and will go on this weekend. As for restoration work, not much really needs to be done, few cracks all around, nothing major and I really do like the T-top its got. Eventually I do want to rip up the decks, replace the fuel tank and do some work on the hull and make her look brand new, new gelcoat new motor, console revamp, but that wont be until next winter probably.
              Brielle, NJ[br]

Comment

Boat looks very nice for 500!Congrats and welcome!

Comment

Working...
                X