mako 23b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mako 23b

i have a mako 23 b that the decks are shot in i cut them out to replace and waas interested if anyone had any ideas for upgrade on the deck layout i am hanging a 250 four stroke on it i doubled the transome with 1/4 aluminum plat to help with the extra weight of the four stroke. interested in any ideas thoughts on indeck bait well also looking for a used t top to add on to the boat already sanded and painted the hull
    james

Welcome.Transom should be strong enough without the plate.Are you sure the transom is solid?I have a 23 but guessing you have a 232 which is 80's hull.Put up some pictures to see what you have.I plan on putting a live well under leaning post and deleted in floor well as a storage area instead

Comment

Transom is solid its a 74 23B according to the I'd plate I hear they are pretty rare these days i plan on uploading pics soon as I get my phone to cooperate the fuel tank is new but only 68 gallons I just finished fitting up decks today I like the idea about the leaning post bait well
      james

Comment

Hey man I saw you were looking for some original teak off the fish boxes on another post I have all of mine it will need a lil love but I'm going back with aluminum diamond plate so if you interested let me know
        james

Comment

I do.I am still looking.Put up some pics of what you got.I have twin I/o in my 73 but looking for the teak boxes that covered fill and vent hose down the side of gunnel at step up on both sides and rod holder brackets under gunnel and teak strip that goes all the way around inside of cap.If you want email me at danfran six two four at gmail dot com

Comment

http://s930.photobucket.com/user/jam...ml?sort=3&o=48
            james

Comment

I linked my photo album from photo bucket I couldn't get the pics to upload from my cell but you can see them at the link all the work I've done and haven't
              james

Comment

Tell you what you have done a good bit the deck is looking good.marine ply I hope[].Are you looking to get rid of the teak?Is it in pretty good shape?If so I would be interested in the rod racks under gunnel (4) pieces and the trim around the bottom of the gunnel (thin strip) and the 2 covers that cover the fill lines and rigging tube on port side at the step up

Comment

You should start a project thread.Off of photobucket if you have the mobile version for I phone you click on the pic and a crooked I will appear on bottom right of picture.Click on that and info for pic is displayed.Only click the img code and copy this.Then come here and hit paste and pics should appear here

Comment

Thanks for the insight on the pics I assembled the decks last night on saw horses and glassed them up also pulled the tank ground and epoxied it built a set of fuel tank saddles/beds to keep from having to foam the tank back in it was relatively new and had already started rotting where it was bedded in foam took all the old foam out and cleaned up the hull I'll see if I can get the pics uploaded
                    james

Comment

[IMG]http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad142/jamesstoddard1/IMG_20131103_131816_730_zps829fae01.jpg[/IMG
                      james

Comment

james

Comment

james

Comment

Working...
                          X