Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Owner(ish) not so new 1985 21B

Howdy Ho!!

New owner here, I bought this 1985 21B back at the end of August, had Scott (SPray) come with me to check her out, he's been so helpful spending all my money....don't talk to him, he puts ideas in your head, expensive ideas.

Power is from a 1994 Mercury Offshore 3.0L, 225HP, and man it does fly. Trial run in non optimal water conditions saw a 42mph run...uh wow. I do need to validate the prop is correct,as the rpm's weren't quite as high as expected/desired (5-5.5k rpm).

I've been busy with some King Starboard projects, teak refinishing, wet sanding the hull, teak refinishing, trailer maintenance, bilge cleanup, teak refinishing.

This is the first boat I've owned, up to now its been OPB (Other peoples Boats). Everything from this

to this

I spent 6 years in the Navy as a Reactor Operator, Electronics Technician. So I do know a few things about electricity.

So How do we start a build thread, simply start a build thread, no need for permission?

First, Thanks for your service. Way to go posting pics. Very clean classic you have there, congrats, and just start a Project thread and keep us posted. Welcome to the owners club.
    OBX, NC - 1992 Mako M-231 - 99 Yamaha ox66 225 -Sold-[br]

Comment

Is this boat located in Boca? If so, congrats! It looks great Marc!
      221B Mako[br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by slider

Is this boat located in Boca? If so, congrats! It looks great Marc!

It is Charlie!! Nice machine you have there too.

Comment

Very nice indeed and so far your projects are looking good too

Comment

Marc, that Mako looks great. I'm sure we will run into each other out there on the water soon. I like what you did with the led lights. Came out great. I need to do that to mine soon as well.
            221B Mako[br]

Comment

Working...
            X