Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member trying to find what year?

Hello all,

I just bought a Mako 20 but don't know what year it is.....not that it much matters but I would like to know. The hull number is 1894. Any ideas?

There should be a hull if number on stbd side transom by rub rail mine is 102110573-m232 which 0573 is may of 1973 think 11 is hull number m232 is model of boat.Some time after mine they started putting mrk in front of number but think that started in the 80s

Comment

There is a tag on the transom but the numbers have long since worn away.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by johnep

There is a tag on the transom but the numbers have long since worn away.

It should also be on the title.

If not then take a piece of paper and a pencil, lay the paper over the hull id and rub pencil over it to hopefully reveal the numbers.

Comment

Got em. Scotch brite cleaned it so I could see them. They are 118940176-m20

Comment

Should be 94th hull made in Jan of 76

Comment

Thanks. I was told it was a 78 when I bought it.

Comment

Makes you wonder how many hulls the built a month. Seems like lots to me!

Comment

It should tell you also on the title the year. Some are stamped with a different year as that's when they were manufactured and not ness titled and sold. Sort of like car, never go by the door date... you'll see lets say sept 2001 which could mean the vehicle is actually 2002, the exact same thing happens on boats from time to time.

Comment

The way they did it was totals of that hull from the first not in one year.Example mine was the 211 th in May of 73 and Howell1641 was the 239th in 74

Comment

Ok so that looked easy but how do you translate mine - MRK E2855F990

Comment

Working...
                      X