New 231 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 231 owner

Just bought a 96 231 with a yamaha 225xca, ttop, dodger, trailer. Glad to be a member of the tribe. Pics to come.

Only a couple of issues, stuck trim tabs and a stuck open live well drain. I have been looking at what to do with that livewell and the more I read the more I wonder what to do.

Cosmetics look ok, but the aluminum under the ttop is pitted. We will see how she cleans up.
    Gailhunter[br]1996 231 2011yamaha f225xca offshore[br]

Welcome to the CM family. I have the same thoughts on the in floor livewell also. So,e daysnimwant to fill it in other days I think it would be nice to make it operational .
    1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by brando

Welcome to the CM family. I have the same thoughts on the in floor livewell also. So,e daysnimwant to fill it in other days I think it would be nice to make it operational .

If I keep it, I am going to run a bilge pump to positively drain the thing. I hate the rain filling it up.

Has anyone run the garmin 740s with radar. Would love some insight on how that system works for folks.

Comment

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to CM. If your livewell is plumbed like most, you can slip a hose onto the pipe that feeds water to the livewell and pump it to the deck and out the scuppers with the existing livewell pump. Learn the valves and you can cycle water in the livewell while on the trailer. If you close the drain valve, it holds water. So by redirecting the flow to the deck, you have essentially pumped the livewell out with just the addition of a small piece of hose. Post pics please.
        OBX, NC - 1992 Mako M-231 - 99 Yamaha ox66 225 -Sold-[br]

Comment

Guys thanks for the warm welcome. Need to figure out how to upload pics. I saw the directions but have yet to get after it. Hey does anyone have a 1996 m231 owners manual? Would love a pdf of it.

Brando, My boat is very similar to your sweet rig.

Comment

http://s953.photobucket.com/user/gailhunter/library/

A few new pics of the rig

Comment

New pics.

Comment

Very nice rig yourself!

Comment

Congrats on your boat...very nice rig. When you paste your pics, you'll notice some extra code at the beginning that forces the image all the way to the right...if you delete it before posting the reply, the pics will still be there, but will be left justified. Don't know why this is with photobucket...something new that didn't use to happen!
                  [/URL]

Comment

Gailhunter, can you post a pic from the console area facing the splashwell so I can see the floor of the splashwell and the scuppers, it appears your scuppers are higher than mine and she seems to float that 4s nicely. I think mako changed the scupper design several times on the 231. Thanks.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by m231user

Gailhunter, can you post a pic from the console area facing the splashwell so I can see the floor of the splashwell and the scuppers, it appears your scuppers are higher than mine and she seems to float that 4s nicely. I think mako changed the scupper design several times on the 231. Thanks.

X2...I want to see that scupper design as well...Need Ideas for my resto.
                      [br]Capt. Eladio Picon[br]Lakeland, FL[br]http://www.epicfishingcharters.com/[br]1982 Mako 21 / 1990 225 Yamaha (SOLD)[br]1983 Boston Whaler 15 sport / 1988 Yamaha 70HP[br]1984 Gheenoe 15\'4\" [br]1989 Mako 231 / 2000 Yamaha 250HP OX66

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by agropic

quote:

X2...I want to see that scupper design as well...Need Ideas for my resto.

No problem. Just need to take some pics. By the way that is with a full live well and the gas tank completely full. That was one of my biggest concerns was how low this thing would sit with the 4 stroke. By the way, this is the newer 4stroke weighs less then the 3.3L 4stroke by I think 60 pounds.

Comment

quote:

M231user is your boat 22.8 ft or the 23.3 foot version. Mine is the smaller version. I didn't see specs for a 1992 231 anywhere.

Comment

quote:

M231user you have the larger hull. I heard that rides a bit better then mine. Did you weld on those rod holders to your leaning post?

Comment

I believe mine is 23'2". A late 1991 model. Yours sits nice with a full fuel tank. Rod holders were welded on by a friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X