New Member in MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member in MD

Hey, All. I'm new to the site. I'm in Maryland, next to Chesapeake Bay. I recently bought a '73 22' CC. It's in pretty good shape but it will require some attention like most 40-year-old boats do. I've worked on boats before, as well as other pleasure craft. I look forward to meeting those who are willing share their constructive insight with me. I have some knowledge that I can share as well.

Deluxe

Welcome!Have you started work on it yet?If so open a project thread and post pics as you go.Good luck!This does become an addiction[]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by leinad624

Welcome!Have you started work on it yet?If so open a project thread and post pics as you go.Good luck!This does become an addiction[]

Thanks! I've stripped all the small bits and pieces and extra bolts from the transom and I'm inspecting the transom. Need to decide if I should do some epoxy filling on this one, or replace it. Thanks for your reply!

Comment

How you doing neighbor! Welcome to the family!
        1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

Comment

If core looks good through holes you probably okay.However lots of the transoms get wet at the bottom and creep into the stringer ends.Tap on the stringers at the transom and see if they sound hollow or take a core sample at tops of stringers say 2 inches from transom.If they are dry you should be fine.Backfill your holes from core samples with 610 epoxy cartridge from West Marine.Mixes as you dispense

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and feedback! After further close inspection I have decided to replace the transom. I'll work on it over the next few months or maybe all winter.

Comment

You should open a project thread.Are you going back with marine ply,composite core,or pouring it?

Comment

quote:

You should open a project thread.Are you going back with marine ply,composite core,or pouring it?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Deluxe

quote:

Good suggestion. I may start a project thread. I'm going to go with marine plywood, epoxy, and fiberglass.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Deluxe

quote:

Good suggestion. I may start a project thread. I'm going to go with marine plywood, epoxy, and fiberglass.

Comment

Welcome to the forum fellow Marylander....
                      Clyde[br]1978 Mako 23 IB[br]\"Shark Bait\" ***SOLD***[br]Kent Island, Md. [br]gone but not forgotten[br]Current Boat-1985 26Foot Shamrock Cuddy Cabin [br]Yanmar 4LHA-STE 230 HP Diesel Engine[br]

Comment

Welcome to the forum fellow Marylander....
                        Clyde[br]1978 Mako 23 IB[br]\"Shark Bait\" ***SOLD***[br]Kent Island, Md. [br]gone but not forgotten[br]Current Boat-1985 26Foot Shamrock Cuddy Cabin [br]Yanmar 4LHA-STE 230 HP Diesel Engine[br]

Comment

Go into the mako project forum and start a thread there. It is amazing the amount of blood and sweat you can avoid by posting pics then listening to suggestions and advice from guys who have done the same thing before...or who do it regularly. I got a lot of good advice from this forum when I restored my 19. Good luck!
                          [/URL]

Comment

Go into the mako project forum and start a thread there. It is amazing the amount of blood and sweat you can avoid by posting pics then listening to suggestions and advice from guys who have done the same thing before...or who do it regularly. I got a lot of good advice from this forum when I restored my 19. Good luck!
                            [/URL]

Comment

Working...
                            X