Intro -update- new owner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro -update- new owner!

Greatings folks! Not officialiy a Mako owner but shopping for Mako after research. I understand the 1999 model does not qualify as "classic Mako" but I ask acceptance[:I]. With that said, I am about to make offer on a 221 1999 model and I would respect your opinions'. I am looking to upgrade from a 20' Sportcraft. I fish with 3 - 4 folks total max in the boat. Spend time in the bays and surf. About 45 days a year I spend offshore 17 to 35 miles out. Pros and cons? Still a good vessel after the buy out of tracker marine? Thanks for your input in advance.

I fish out of Mexico Beach, Fla and Orange Beach Ala.

Tight lines!

Jibber[][]
    Jibber[br]Newnan, Ga to Orange Beach, Ala[br]99\' Mako 221

Welcome to the madness!There isn't anything wrong with that boat and should do fine.I heard that tracker had some issues in the beginning but nothing major but they are making good boats.So nothing to be worried about

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
      Clyde[br]1978 Mako 23 IB[br]\"Shark Bait\" ***SOLD***[br]Kent Island, Md. [br]gone but not forgotten[br]Current Boat-1985 26Foot Shamrock Cuddy Cabin [br]Yanmar 4LHA-STE 230 HP Diesel Engine[br]

Comment

Thanks for the input leinad. I have been over this boat twice now and can't see any reason not to make reasonable offer. Little more content now that I have recieved a little feedback from various sources such as yourself. Hopefully I will be joining the Mako madness this week!

Cheers!
        quote:

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks!

Comment

Its official, [] The 1999 221 is mine.

1st project in line is off with the bottom paint!

Comment

Congrats! That is a more than worthy boat for your needs and will be a nice upgrade. Have fun with bottom paint...bee there, done that [B)].
            \'93 241 https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...etting-started
            \'82 224 - Mobile, AL Gone but NEVER Forgotten - https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...indshield-tank

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by ChuckB

Congrats! That is a more than worthy boat for your needs and will be a nice upgrade. Have fun with bottom paint...bee there, done that [B)].

I've been stalking your thread[] Boat turned out great!

Comment

Congrats on the purchase!That is one nice looking rig!

Comment

Working...
                X