New Mako Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mako Owner

I purchased a 1993 221 CC. The boat is solid as a rock but it is time to re-power. It came with a 1994 Mercury 225hp 3.0l offshore outboard. I have spent too much time working on the motor and I am done with it. So here are a couple of questions.

1. I looked at a couple of posts to get the specs for the boat but the link to the info appears to be broken or out of service so anything that you guys can tell me about the specs would be appreciated.

2. I do not own the B model so I don't have a transom bracket but the transom is solid. I would like to re-power with a 250 four stroke but I would like to know if you guys think this will adversely impact the ride. The boat is equipped with trim tabs.

3. Would I gain anything tangible by adding a bracket. Is it worth the additional cost.

4. Right now I am looking at both a Yamaha and a Honda so I won't even light that fire

The boat will go offshore maybe a dozen times a year but will be used frequently on the lake that I live on for family fun. Looking forward to hearing some good info from you guys.

Welcome and congrats on a great boat. Go to Mako-Boats.com for your boats' specs. They are under the "about" tab. Not sure what the extra weight of the 4 stroke will do for your ride or if a bracket is worth it. More knowledgeable people on here than I can easily answer those questions for you. You might want to post these questions in the projects or discussion section. When I re-power (hopefully not soon) I'm going with the 250 etec due to weight and other factors.
    1992 Mako 221 Tuppens Edition W/250 ox66[br]Birmingham/Fairhope, Alabama[br]

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I will que up another post in the projects section as stated. BTW, Roll Tide! []

Comment

Working...
      X