1996 mako 19'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 mako 19'

Hi im new here so be easy on me. I am looking to purchase a 1996 19' mako with a 1996 evinrude v-6 150hp outboard. Boat, motor, and trailer all seem clean. Price is about 7k. Is this a decent deal? I heard this is the transition years but don't quite know what that means. I am not looking for a restoration project, but at the same time I don't want a lemon. Any advice for a potential newbie mako owner. What was done different if anything in this year than prior??

I reeeally appreciate you feedback!!

Don't think there is anything particularly bad about that year Mako, though it was built after the company was "acquired" by Tracker. Just do everything that you normally would do when you buy a boat of that age...have the engine thoroughly checked out by a qualified mechanic and don't buy it without a sea trial. Look for soft spots on the deck, stress cracks, wobbly transom, etc. Seems like an OK deal if everything checks out. Good Luck!
    [/URL]

Comment

Don't think there is anything particularly bad about that year Mako, though it was built after the company was "acquired" by Tracker. Just do everything that you normally would do when you buy a boat of that age...have the engine thoroughly checked out by a qualified mechanic and don't buy it without a sea trial. Look for soft spots on the deck, stress cracks, wobbly transom, etc. Seems like an OK deal if everything checks out. Good Luck!
      [/URL]

Comment

Working...
      X