New Owner '78 mako ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Owner '78 mako ?

I'm having trouble getting to the exact model I have here. The PO said it was 19 ft. The title says 18 the ID plate is practically unreadable..Mako web site says 1978 was a 19b. What is the difference between the standard models and one with a "B" designation ? Thanks ahead of time . This seems to be a really good site for information and help. Forums such as this are priceless for the information and the unwritten things that can only be gained from experience. [img]/img]

[img][/img]

This is not a Mako.
    Salem County, NJ[br]Whaler 15 SS (sold)[br]Mako 191[br]

Comment

This is not a Mako.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Gacto

This is not a Mako.

x2
        ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

Not a Mako and google says it's a Mirro Craft - now builders of Cruisers Yachts.
          1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
          1985 Mako 20c - sold
          Fort Walton Beach, FL
          http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Sailor

Not a Mako and google says it's a Mirro Craft - now builders of Cruisers Yachts.

thanks for your help. The guy who sold it said it was Mako. I had my doubts but it was a very good deal with trailer and all.. after doing some further scraping and research and with you guys helping ,I did find out it is a Cruisers Inc boat. I haven't been able to find any other pictures or information on any center console cruisers inc boats yet... seems like its solid none the less. I'm just sad that I'm not a classic mako owner..and my memebership here now feels like a fraud...lol..thanks again.

Comment

It doesn't matter what you got we take in strays too[]Some here have whalers,sea craft,robalo,and others

Comment

I'm now a full fledged member .. picked up a 1982 228 last week.. has a 96 Mariner 200 OS..I'm cleaning the bottom now getting ready for the season. I'm sure I'll have some questions once I get further along.. This boat seems solid as far as I can tell.. Any tips on what I should be looking for ? Bilge pumps are working, battery terminals need cleaning, all switches work, lights are functional, the engine starts and runs , goes into gear both forward and reverse..

[img][/img]

Comment

Congrats!
                  1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                  1985 Mako 20c - sold
                  Fort Walton Beach, FL
                  http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Congrats! Nice looking Mako. From your name, Millville area? I'm in Pennsville.

Comment

Working...
                    X