Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought my first mako and have a fish box ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought my first mako and have a fish box ??

I recently bought a 2003 252cc and the fish boxes are full of water and wont drain. Think I loacated the macerator pump for them, which needs to be replaced, but even opening the bypass valve doesn't drain the boxes. Does anyone have have any pics depicting the location of pump and bypass valve?? Would greatly appreciate any help!! I'll post some pics of the boat asap. THX
    2003 Mako 252cc

You probably have debris in lines and clean out jamming nozzle of water hose in drain opening and see if you can bust the clog open

Comment

Believe that is exactly what the problem is. Soon as can positively locate the pump going to remove it all together and open the drains for the boxes to simply drain into the bilge. Of all the boats I've fished none have ever had a pump for the fishboxes. Seems to be an unnecessary thing mako just threw in there
      2003 Mako 252cc

Comment

IF YOU USE THE DRAINS FROM A FISH BOX TO THE BILGE , JUST REMEBER THE STUFF FROM THE FISH ...WILL.... AT SOME TIME GIVE YOU A PAIN IN THE BILGE.... MOST OF THE TIME SLIME WILL MAKE A MESS THERE....DRAINS USUALLY ARE CLOGGED FROM BUGS.....I HAD BUGS IN THE DRAINS OF AN ENGINE COWL THAT RUINED A GREAT DAY ON THE WATER...BY WETTING THE IGNITION.......AND A LONG TOW HOME.....TRY AND KEEP THE BILGE JUST FOR ...WATER........Elliott

Comment

IF YOU USE THE DRAINS FROM A FISH BOX TO THE BILGE , JUST REMEBER THE STUFF FROM THE FISH ...WILL.... AT SOME TIME GIVE YOU A PAIN IN THE BILGE.... MOST OF THE TIME SLIME WILL MAKE A MESS THERE....DRAINS USUALLY ARE CLOGGED FROM BUGS.....I HAD BUGS IN THE DRAINS OF AN ENGINE COWL THAT RUINED A GREAT DAY ON THE WATER...BY WETTING THE IGNITION.......AND A LONG TOW HOME.....TRY AND KEEP THE BILGE JUST FOR ...WATER........Elliott

Comment

Working...
          X