New owner of a 70' mako 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New owner of a 70' mako 19

Hello all at CM, just purchased a very clean and well taken care of 1970 mako 19. She is fishing ready but just needs a few odds and ends. A good cleaning and minor cosmetic repair, but other than that very clean for her age. Plan on repowering her in a year or so and over this winter going through her with a fine tooth comb. Any input on this model would be appreciated. Thanks all

Marshall
    1970 19\' CC[br]Southern CT

Congratulations and welcome!You should post some pics of it.Has it been restored recently?What kind of power you upgrading to?

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, I have to set up a photobucket account so I can post a few pics. This is my first boat and I'm super excited, been on boats since I was very young. Anyhow, I'm thinking of upgrading to a 150hp 2 stroke because of weight reasons. The current outboard weighs about 400 or so lbs so I am gonna start with that then figure out what I can do.

Comment

115 HP is a good match for a 19...should get around 35 MPH plus depending on prop and weight...you don't want to weigh her rear end down with a big heavy motor.
        [/URL]

Comment

quote:

115 HP is a good match for a 19...should get around 35 MPH plus depending on prop and weight...you don't want to weigh her rear end down with a big heavy motor.

thanks for that info, good to know, right now it has a 1976 85hp johnson on it. I will be looking into repowering it in a year or so and will keep this in mind. thankyou

Comment

Working...
          X