X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• henrys mako
    replied
    need advice again

try to check timming with a timming light and the timing light in both engines do not light up but check in a car and have normal operation

it has to have a special timming light for check outboard engines or my engines do not have sufficient current for the light to recieve the signal?

Leave a comment:

• henrys mako
    replied
    check with other props and do the same . now will check electrical may be high rpm pulser coils

Leave a comment:

• henrys mako
    replied
    the engines also are in a good position cavitation plates aligns with the bottom of the boat all fuel lines new in neutral they go up to 6000 rpms but in gear 2600 rpm

Leave a comment:

• henrys mako
    replied
    check everything I use an external tank also the carbs open at wot they are ok with the controls the only thing that I am missing to check is the prop size I just came from the marina here and I see other boats not mako but with the same engines and I see 13 1/4 x 17 on those, the only boat I see is a same mako but with 90 hp and has 19 in pitch.

Leave a comment:

• m231user
    replied
    Have you inspected the contols? Are the controls opening the carbs? Check with the engine off to see.

Leave a comment:

• Sailor
    replied
    Will each engine rev up in neutral, very briefly? How low are your engines? I would think you have a fuel restriction issue. Is there a fuel feed for each engine from the tank or is it split? Maybe change the fuel water separators?

Leave a comment:

• 1973Mako23
    replied
    Are the hubs in the props okay?I would think if hubs bad then it would over rev.Are you sure you don't have a fuel restriction?I know you tried different tank but maybe priming bulb bad or fuel line could be collapsing

Leave a comment:

• henrys mako
    replied
    everything find in both engines new spark plugs and all firing well and the cdi is advancing right

Leave a comment:

• 1973Mako23
    replied
    Check to see if you might have a cylinder's spark plug not firing maybe?

Leave a comment:

• henrys mako
    started a topic Mako 191 1997 with twin yamaha 70 prop size

Mako 191 1997 with twin yamaha 70 prop size

Hi there If somebody can help me on this. ai have a mako 191 1997 with two yamaha 70 and the prop says k and in the other side 19 may be this is the pitch. but the boat dont rev it only goes 2600 rpm each engine do everything compresion is 135-140 in all cylinders new filter i put ietead another tank to check if there somthing wrong with the one on the boat timming ok cleaned carburators, Is here is someone with the same setup that can tell me the right prop size?

thanks
Working...
X