Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1973Mako23
    replied
    If you can go on a sea trial stay at stern for a little and watch transom on take off make sure not flexing.You could probably see the motor flexing also if transom is bad.Like mullet boy said no sea trial must be hiding a problem

Leave a comment:

• Mullet boy
    replied
    I just bought a 1977 20 CC. This is what I WISH I WOULD HAVE DONE. If you are seriously considering to buy, take the boat out for a test drive. Offer to fill the tank up. Hopefully its not bone dry. If they refuse all this, they may be hiding a problem. Like previous post commented, gas in bilge can mean either fuel hoses are cracking or tank has pin hole leaks or filler tube is corroded. Also, you have to put the boat in the water and put the engine under load and run it WOT for 20 minutes. Depending on the price, he may be selling it "as is". What you see is what you get. But if you are paying more than $3000, make sure the gas tank is in good shape. That will be your biggest expense. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• 1973Mako23
    replied
    Check decks and transom is soft.Look for any stress cracks around transom not spider cracking.Check for any fuel in bilge.Other than that you should be okay

Leave a comment:

• ColdEspresso
    started a topic New member looking looking for advice

New member looking looking for advice

Hi all... I am new to the board and rather than just lurk I thought I would say hello and ask a couple of questions before I make a purchase. I am looking at an 88 17' Mako with a 2000 Yamaha 115 4 stroke. Boat looks very clean in pics and I am going to check it out on Saturday. I am not new to boats but is there anything Mako specific that I should be looking out for?

Thanks,
Working...
X