livewell basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• livewell basics

Mako 21B livewell. How should this livewell be set up. Hole in very top of well is the intake which is plumbed to the thru-hull fitting. Hole in bottom is plumbed with PVC pipe to the outside at the bottom of the transom. Is there anything else I'm missing in this design ?? Thanks charlie

Not really.I had in floor well on my 23 that had an out line going through a scoop strainer at bottom of hull and drain went to transom bottom.3 ports total on mine

Comment

All my experiance with live baiting and your set up sounds backwards to me...... I live on the coast of NC and live bait king mackrel is king. On almost every bait tank I've seen with the exception of custom job intake is on the bottom outflow is on top. intake usually. 3/4" with 500-800 gph pump. Thr outflow is usually 1 - 1 1/2" routed to a throughhull right above water level........
      Keep em TIGHT sucka

Comment

Not that it wouldn't worm that way just if you get trash scales and such in the outflow on the bottom it can clog up.
        Keep em TIGHT sucka

Comment

Setup like shown in this link for a couple extra parts and a check valve it can cycle water while on the trailer. This is how mine was done from the factroy. It gives you a couple options.

http://www.classicmako.com/manuals/m...231manual3.htm
          OBX, NC - 1992 Mako M-231 - 99 Yamaha ox66 225 -Sold-[br]

Comment

Working...
          X