Contemplating project boat Mako 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contemplating project boat Mako 25

looking at a 77 Mako 25 that will be completely redone. probably go up to full transom with Bracket and twin 200's alt would be single 300 or maybe 350. What can ya'll say about weight aft with twins, speed, etc

I would get it and put twin 150s if going twins 200 max or go single 250-300.It is a great hull.I would go with bracket for twins whether you go twins or not just for the max flotation

Comment

with a bracket that provides enough flotation a pair of two stroke v6 motors is a good match, a single 300 is also a good choice.

fwiw my dream motors are 175 suzuki 4 strokes, I think this would be a near perfect match for my hull with small block 200 etecs a close second.
      76 25 \"Aenigma\"[br]73 17[br]Richland/Long Beach, MS[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14182[br][br]17 project[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56176

Comment

I have a 300 HPDI that runs great, but probably not sellable because of earlier problems. Any idea of top/cruise with this motor(538 lbs) or maybe a Yammi 350(508 lbs) ?

Comment

The yammi 350 v8 is actually closer to 760-780 lbs. The 300 hpdi with all updates and mainteance would be a great fit. You would probabley see upper 40's to 50 mph max and cruise all day at 4000 rpms after you gut her and build her back light and strong. Post some pics!!!
          OBX, NC - 1992 Mako M-231 - 99 Yamaha ox66 225 -Sold-[br]

Comment

WHAT IS WITH THE SPEED DEMONS ???? Heck I have a 25 CC with 225 hp 3 liter Mariner offshore that runs a good 40 plus.... BUT....the 2stroke will burn up the 86 gals. in a hurry........I now have a WA 248 ( 2 boats ) the CC must go .....for sale 25 ft CC 1976........Great serious fishing [email protected] I've owned the CC for 13 years....love it but the ol' legs arte the first to go.....Me that is soooo it's a helm seat for me now

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by CaptElliott

WHAT IS WITH THE SPEED DEMONS ???? Heck I have a 25 CC with 225 hp 3 liter Mariner offshore that runs a good 40 plus.... BUT....the 2stroke will burn up the 86 gals. in a hurry........I now have a WA 248 ( 2 boats ) the CC must go .....for sale 25 ft CC 1976........Great serious fishing [email protected] I've owned the CC for 13 years....love it but the ol' legs arte the first to go.....Me that is soooo it's a helm seat for me now

Are you just posting the same message in every thread???
              1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
              1985 Mako 20c - sold
              Fort Walton Beach, FL
              http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Working...
              X