another new and proud rookie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another new and proud rookie

Have been reading this awesome forum for a little while, now we are proud owners of an 87 Mako 231. The boat is not running and we're planning to re-power. it still have the original 110 twin Johnson. Our machnic is talking us into getting twin 200 envirude year 2000 that are available at the moment for a descent price. I think is crazy over doing it but he insist it is just right... What do you guys think?

looking fwd to reading your suggestions...

Welcome!I don't think it's overdoing it at all

Comment

Welcome!I don't think it's overdoing it at all

Comment

[/URL]

[/URL][/img]

thanks leinad624

any other advice!!! thanks

Comment

[/URL]

[/URL][/img]

thanks leinad624

any other advice!!! thanks

Comment

Congrats on the boat, that is a great hull. Is the transom original? Solid? Personally I think that is too much weight; for that transom (especially if original) and for a 23' boat. You are talking about over 1000lbs of motor hanging off the back of a 26 year old 23' boat. People are concerned about large single 4-strokes on the same and similar hulls. I am all for fast, but...
            \'93 241 https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...etting-started
            \'82 224 - Mobile, AL Gone but NEVER Forgotten - https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...indshield-tank

Comment

Congrats on the boat, that is a great hull. Is the transom original? Solid? Personally I think that is too much weight; for that transom (especially if original) and for a 23' boat. You are talking about over 1000lbs of motor hanging off the back of a 26 year old 23' boat. People are concerned about large single 4-strokes on the same and similar hulls. I am all for fast, but...
              \'93 241 https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...etting-started
              \'82 224 - Mobile, AL Gone but NEVER Forgotten - https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...indshield-tank

Comment

Yes ithat is what I thought!!

the whole boat is original as it came out the factory!!

Comment

Yes ithat is what I thought!!

the whole boat is original as it came out the factory!!

Comment

Just hang a single 250 or 300 on it, I agree with the above statement, that is too much weight...
                    1992 Mako 211 with a 2008 F250 Yamaha <<<SOLD [br]Current >>> 2486 CC Triton Honda 150 vtecs[br]

Comment

Just hang a single 250 or 300 on it, I agree with the above statement, that is too much weight...
                      1992 Mako 211 with a 2008 F250 Yamaha <<<SOLD [br]Current >>> 2486 CC Triton Honda 150 vtecs[br]

Comment

Welcome and congratulations. I just went thru the same thoughts and went with a single big block 225. 500 lbs is all this boat wants hanging off the transome IMHO. A 250 would be nice. A 300 would be more than enough for normal use. You new vessel looks nice. Welcome to the club.
                        OBX, NC - 1992 Mako M-231 - 99 Yamaha ox66 225 -Sold-[br]

Comment

Welcome and congratulations. I just went thru the same thoughts and went with a single big block 225. 500 lbs is all this boat wants hanging off the transome IMHO. A 250 would be nice. A 300 would be more than enough for normal use. You new vessel looks nice. Welcome to the club.
                          OBX, NC - 1992 Mako M-231 - 99 Yamaha ox66 225 -Sold-[br]

Comment

Welcome! Sounds excessive to me. Sure, that thing would scream on flat water. But, I don't think you'd be happy with how low in the water it'll sit especially in any sort of seas.

I think you may need a new trailer too. That one looks a little over loaded! []

Comment

Welcome! Sounds excessive to me. Sure, that thing would scream on flat water. But, I don't think you'd be happy with how low in the water it'll sit especially in any sort of seas.

I think you may need a new trailer too. That one looks a little over loaded! []

Comment

Working...
                              X