Heya CM guys!__Newbie here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heya CM guys!__Newbie here.

I've been trolling your forums for over a month now and figured now was as good of a time as any to finally register and start posting. I've filled out the bio info in the registration so if you're curious about who I am or what I do, it's all in there.

First off, I just wanted to say how thoroughly impressed I am with the group of guys on this site. You all help each other through tough project boats and collectively make up such a great group. Always getting the proper solution to the same problems guys are always having. When contemplating whether or not to take on a project boat, these forums have shown me that most of this stuff can be done by the average DIYer. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading and watching the project threads. It also gives a good timeline for how long it takes the average guy to do some of these projects on there days off work, etc.

Second, I'm going to probably be relying on all of you heavily if I decided to take on this project I'm considering. I can't thank you enough in advance because my expertise is not in Marine applications. All of my formal knowledge is aviation based, which as many of you know has very little to do with saltwater (aka "the enemy"). To contribute, I'm happy to answer any and all questions about how we use these same systems (hydraulic, fuel, electrical, pneumatic, AC, power plant, etc) in my industry. Some of it is similar to marine application; however, sometimes it's designed completely different. A lot of my experience in aerodynamics should convert over to boating applications because the physics is the same (hydrodynamic forces). To put it differently, water and air are both "fluids" and have similar properties, with exception to liquids aren't really compressible...air is. So, the forces acting on boats and aircraft are very closely related. I would imagine this info would probably be more helpful to the fountain guys or go-fast boat guys, but if there's anything I might be able to help with, I'm more than happy to help. As for the other systems I mentioned earlier, in airplanes we build each system with at least double redundancy and sometimes triple or more (for instance, my airplane has 3 hydraulic systems...of which 2 have electrical backup pumps, 4 generators, etc...you get the point). Let me know if I can help, I'm more than happy to.

Lastly, thanks for having me and I look forward to posting/reading.

Welcome to CM! What model are you looking at for a project?
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Welcome to CM! What model are you looking at for a project?
      1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
      1985 Mako 20c - sold
      Fort Walton Beach, FL
      http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Working...
      X