Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New owner of a 1978 23' Mako inboard

Purchased it a week ago!!id="size6">

Congratulations!Now you better get that teak on deck looking like new[]What size engine is it?Very nice find and welcome aboard!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by leinad624

Congratulations!Now you better get that teak on deck looking like new[]What size engine is it?Very nice find and welcome aboard!

Thanks very much! Its a 350 block Mercruiser V8. Not the fastest boat but it is extremely smooth because of the weighting from the inboard.

Comment

WOW - stunning is all I can say. Welcome aboard and one of the best first posts. I love the teak transom and floor. VERY classy.
        1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
        1985 Mako 20c - sold
        Fort Walton Beach, FL
        http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

great looking boat! welcome to the CM 'straight screw' club

Is that Ft. Laud?
          [br]DonK[br]Boca Raton, FL[br]1979 236IB: \'The Fish Tank\'[br]1979 Backcountry 18 \'Boner\'[br]<>< <>< <>< <>< ><> J[br]Redneck Troubleshooting:[br]1) If it moves, but ain\'t supposed to, use Duct Tape[br]2) If it don\'t move, but supposed to, use WD40[br]3) If that don\'t fix it, it\'s electrical![br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Sailor

WOW - stunning is all I can say. Welcome aboard and one of the best first posts. I love the teak transom and floor. VERY classy.

Thank you! I am very happy with the purchase

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by TheFishTank

Is that Ft. Laud?

Thanks a lot, I see you have one there...Yeah I live in Fort Lauderdale, where are you out of?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by cfischman

quote:

Is that Ft. Laud?

Thanks a lot, I see you have one there...Yeah I live in Fort Lauderdale, where are you out of?

I live in Boca, but my boat is docked at Bayview and Commercial
                [br]DonK[br]Boca Raton, FL[br]1979 236IB: \'The Fish Tank\'[br]1979 Backcountry 18 \'Boner\'[br]<>< <>< <>< <>< ><> J[br]Redneck Troubleshooting:[br]1) If it moves, but ain\'t supposed to, use Duct Tape[br]2) If it don\'t move, but supposed to, use WD40[br]3) If that don\'t fix it, it\'s electrical![br]

Comment

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the inboard crowd. I had seen your boat listed when it was for sale. It cannot be mistaken with that teak floor as it's the only one I have ever seen. Very nice looking boat, again congrats.
                  Clyde[br]1978 Mako 23 IB[br]\"Shark Bait\" ***SOLD***[br]Kent Island, Md. [br]gone but not forgotten[br]Current Boat-1985 26Foot Shamrock Cuddy Cabin [br]Yanmar 4LHA-STE 230 HP Diesel Engine[br]

Comment

quote:

quote:

quote:

Is that Ft. Laud?

Oh awesome, yeah I am keeping mine in the Las Olas Isle...Does anyone ever get together for fishing or local crusing through this group, or do any of the Mako owners shoot over to the Bahamas together?

Comment

quote:

quote:

quote:

Is that Ft. Laud?

Oh awesome, yeah I am keeping mine in the Las Olas Isle...Does anyone ever get together for fishing or local crusing through this group, or do any of the Mako owners shoot over to the Bahamas together?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by cw.abeljr

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the inboard crowd. I had seen your boat listed when it was for sale. It cannot be mistaken with that teak floor as it's the only one I have ever seen. Very nice looking boat, again congrats.

Thank you very much! Yeah the floors are definitely a one off. Looks like you have a gorgeous inboard yourself!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by cw.abeljr

Thank you very much! Yeah the floors are definitely a one off. Looks like you have a gorgeous inboard yourself!

Comment

Very nice! Welcome to the inboard club
                            1985 Mako 236 \"Erin Marie\" - SOLD[br]Shark River, NJ[br]

Comment

Very nice! Welcome to the inboard club
                              1985 Mako 236 \"Erin Marie\" - SOLD[br]Shark River, NJ[br]

Comment

Working...
                              X