new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new here

whats up guys long time lerker, just getting into the posting. live in SE CT and have a 1981 20 with an 89 johnson 2 sroke 150. im going into my third summer owning the boat. Just starting to get into some prjects. first being bow rail removal and kiwi grip. cleaning some wiring up. the boat is rock solid though and couldent be happier, well except for more fuel. 40 gal and and old carbd 2 stroke aint to fun but it works

Niantic, CT[br]1981 mako 20[br]

Nice boat!Welcome and if have questions don't hesitate to ask[]

Comment

Third picture is very cool. Old carbed two strokes are still cool[]
      1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

Comment

If you got 20 more gallon capacity you can get more range.Dont know fuel burn comparison between 115-150 but the 115 sips fuel

Comment

i cant complain about the ole johnson, it runs great. funny you mention the 115, when i bought the boat it had a 115 or a 120 on it and after maybe about an hour on the water i was running to one of my spots to fish and i noticed i was loosing power so i was able to get it to a private beach with a ramp and catch a ride to my truck. the motor blew a head gasket, and was toast. it passed a compression perfect before i got it and was fine on the sea trial. i found the 150 4 hours away in maine with 300 hours on it and ran it on the muffs and tested it then loaded it up. besides a couple coils and a power pack its been great. but thanks for the welcome guys i do appreciate it.

john
          Niantic, CT[br]1981 mako 20[br]

Comment

I don't know how many hours on my 115 Yamaha but 1 coil pack was all I changed.It is a tough little motor[]

Comment

Working...
            X