1976 MAKO 20 CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1976 MAKO 20 CC

I AM CONSINDERING PURCHASING A 76 MAKO 20. EVINRUDE 120 80 SOMETHING.THE BOAT APPEARS TO BE IN GOOD SHAPE NEW STEERING AND WHEEL,SOLE AND BRIGHTWORK REFINISHED. GALVANISED TRAILER.PRICE BETWEEN 4K AND 5K. ANY INPUT ON WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN THE BOAT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

AM I CRAZY TO BE LOOKING AT A 37 YEAR OLD BOAT?

DAN

No you are not crazy as long as you accept the fact you will have to put lots of time and money into. It al depends on what you want. Price seems high, any pictures? You need to be concerned about the big ticket items, fuel tank, transom, motor, soft spots on floor.
    1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

Comment

THANKS I'M LOOKING AT IT SUNDAY THERE ARE PICTURES ON MAINE CRAIGS LIST BOATS.IF THE BOAT CAN GET THRU THIS SEASON WELL I WOULD CONSIDER REPOWERING NEXT YEAR I HAVE SEEN WHAT A NIGHTMARE THE FUEL TANK WOULD BE

Comment

http://maine.craigslist.org/boa/3579604011.html

Comment

Such a great boat, I bought my 20 a few years ago and I love it, don't believe the dry boat part it's total bs its a wet boat but it does ride well. I think he has it overpriced but that not for me to say. I was lucky with my boat the tank is in good shape and transom also but I did develop a few small soft spots In the fwd quarter but not bad for a 79.

Also the 200 I have pushes the boat to 35kts I don't know if the 120 is enough power for the boat but not sure what you plan on doing with it.

Good luck.
          Capt Nick K[br]1600 Ton Master Any Ocean

Comment

THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR INPUT I FEEL MORE CONFIDENT GOING TO LOOK AT THE BOAT. I'LL BE SURE TO CHECK ALL THE SUGGESTED SPOTS.

THIS WEBSITE MAKES ME WANT A MAKO EVEN MORE.

Comment

Some are better than others. You didn't say exactly "WHAT" year. The later 80's with the 25in transom is more desirable.

Comment

I THINK IT MAY BE AN 83 MOTOR I LOOK AT IT SUNDAY HOPEFULLY I CAN DETERMINE WHAT YEAR IT IS.

Comment

Hello All,

I checked out this boat. According to the HIN the boat is a 77 M 20 motor is a 120 hp Evinrude with VRO remote oil tank.Does anyone know what year they Evinrude started the VRO ? Lower unit looks beat. Transom looked solid but the fuel tank appears to be original it had gas in it with no fumes or fuel in the bilge you could see the the top of the tank or at least I think it was the top when you open the console door there is a fuel gage and the the remote oil tank for the motor as well. floors felt solid. The owner did not know much about the boat or at least pretended not to know. I dont think I would pay more than 2500.00 for the whole outfit.

He did start the motor the electric primer doesnt work so he removed the motor cover and primed it manually. It did fire right up.Oh well if nothing else I learned a little more about Makos.

Comment

Working...
                  X