New owners of Blue Dolphin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New owners of Blue Dolphin

Hi all, My friend Will and I recently purchased the Blue Dolphin a 1979 21, here in Sarasota. Dave Hodson did a great job restoring her and we are continuing to keep her tip top. We have refinished the bright work, have brought the leaning post and front cooler cushions to Jim Costa for upholstry, windlass is being rebuilt and new t-top canvas coming soon. We are also going to be repainting the deck that has some scratches and scuffs.

We are looking for bow cushions preferably in white, but if the foam is in good shape we can have them covered to match the other cushions.

Look forward to becoming full members so we can enjoy the benefits and outings with all of you.[8D]
    [br]Tom Mullins & Will Haynes[br]Sarasota, FL[br]Blue Dolphin - 1979 Mako 21

This does my heart so much good to hear that my old project is still going and will be taken care of. Thanks so much for posting, and please do keep us up to date on your progress. I had countless hours in the rebuild, and then had a wonderful time fishing with it on several Great Lakes as well as Destin.....

Welcome aboard..[)][)][)]

dave
    [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

Welcome... Dave allowed me to accompany him on a fishing trip or two, on Lake Michigan, and I can attest that the dolphin can handle rougher water than Dave & I cared to be on...[:0]...[}]...[]
      Working for a livin\' is HIGHLY Over-Rated...[][br]

Comment

Nice! Congrats and welcome!
        1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
        1985 Mako 20c - sold
        Fort Walton Beach, FL
        http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

So nice to see Dave's boat saying here on the board! Post some current pictures of her.

Todd
          Mako 22b, Lost to hurricane irene and a 4\' oak tree [xx(][br]Annapolis, MD

Comment

Working...
          X