Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member. Opinion on 1990 260 requested

Hello all.

Currently on the search for another boat. Currently own a 1996 Seastrike cc 20.5

I went to look at this [url]deleted 260. Opinions?

Big question. I opened the circle hatch all the way up front. Behind hatch was the nuts holding the D ring that is used to winch boat on trailer. There was also wet foam.

Under the step in the galley there was also a circle hatch. Also wet foam. How big a deal is this? Deal breaker or cause for concern?

Any input would be great.

John.

John, the boat looks like its in pretty good shape. How could you tell there was wet foam, there should be no exposed foam where you mentioned.
    David, New Kent, Va[br]

[br]Project Thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=21067[br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by triplecrownnc

John, the boat looks like its in pretty good shape. How could you tell there was wet foam, there should be no exposed foam where you mentioned.

Oh so glad you replied. I have been stalking all of your threads.

I don't know, I was just looking in every hatch I could. Where the Ac is looked good and dry. I could see up and behind helm looked dry.

All the way forward was a 3 inch round hatch. When I opened it there was foam the looked like the dense foam you scrapped out all around your tank. It was wet when I touched it. Same for the other hatch under the step that you use to get out of cuddy. Round hatch that had foam I could touch. Wet.

Look for a PM to you I will send shortly.

Comment

Looks like a nice rig from the pics. Has done some cosmetic upgrades
        1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by xray2j

quote:

Originally posted by triplecrownnc

Oh so glad you replied. I have been stalking all of your threads.

I don't know, I was just looking in every hatch I could. Where the Ac is looked good and dry. I could see up and behind helm looked dry.

All the way forward was a 3 inch round hatch. When I opened it there was foam the looked like the dense foam you scrapped out all around your tank. It was wet when I touched it. Same for the other hatch under the step that you use to get out of cuddy. Round hatch that had foam I could touch. Wet.

Look for a PM to you I will send shortly.

If you have any pics you can send them to me [email protected]
          David, New Kent, Va[br]

[br]Project Thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=21067[br]

Comment

Who wants to venture a guess on fuel burn?

Comment

1.7mpg at 32mph would be my guess.
              [br]

Comment

Working...
              X