mako 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mako 22

Hello all, Im Rob and have been lurking this site on and off for a while, so now I have gone off the deep end and purchased a classic mako.this is not my first restore but its my largest, and I will need lots of help from you mako guys. Now about the boat shes a 1974 or 73 mako 22 and in very good condition for a restore, I have not done anything yet other than bag up most of the loose trash and leaves etc. Its equipped with an older ocean pro 150 looper, my first thought was to remove it and sell it for scrap but it was very clean and the compression checked out so I may have an outboard to sell, part out or use on the boat. So any input on a 150 on a boat that size would be great I worry it may be underpowered, but thats some months away. I know this will most likely be a stringer transom replacement and I guess that works out to a lot of grinding and glass work.so I have a basic idea what I want to do, however I wonder how hard it would be to remove the cap to make the glass work easer, could a cap this size22feet be removed by one person and refitted? And if so would it be worth it? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for everyones patience and ideas, and if you have any suggestions please feel free to comet. Rob

150 may be slightly underpowered and I have seen caps removed on here but not sure on the size. Once get ready to dig in post on discussions and you may get more help, projects section would be more help once you get started. Good luck
    1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

Comment

Hi Robbie,

We just bought this boat last month. Dave Hodson did a rebuild on it and I think this is what you are talking about. There are a ton of pictures that he posted. Hope it helps.

http://classicmako.com/projects/hodson/
      [br]Tom Mullins & Will Haynes[br]Sarasota, FL[br]Blue Dolphin - 1979 Mako 21

Comment

On my 21 project, I just removed the back 3 feet of the cap. This allowed me to rebuild the transom and tie them into the stringers nicely.... If you have stringer damage, then most remove the floor but not the whole cap.

dave
        [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

Working...
        X