Basic 2005 171 Operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic 2005 171 Operation

I am 100% new to Mako and I have limited experience with boats. I recently (yesterday) purchased a 2005 171CC and I am struggling just to learn the basic operations. The boat did not come with an owners manual and I am trying to work through even the simplest console operations. The dealer is in another state and I will try tomorrow to get additional information but something as simple as powering up the GPS would be a help. Any pointers as to where I could get a hold of an owners manual or view one online?

Thanks ..... Dave
    Dave[br]2005 mako 171

Dave, look up your local Power Squadron for a boating course. Florida even has one on-line, but you will get better training from the power squadron folks.

Good Luck!
    Richard Snyder[br]Wachapreague, VA[br][br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=43622[br]http://www.vims.edu/esl/

Comment

Thanks Richard,

I am looking into the local and regional Alabama Power Squadron courses. I have completed a basic course on boating operations and have been operating my Bass Boat for a couple of years but I do have Mako 171CC specific questions that I am pursuing with the dealer and other local resources including Bass Pro shop people. Getting my hands on an owners manual would be a great start.

... Dave
      Dave[br]2005 mako 171

Comment

One mystery solved ..... The previous owner had gone into the console wiring and disabled the power connection to the Eagle GPS/Fishfinder because it had failed and then traded the boat without (I assume) telling the dealer. The boat check was obviously incomplete as they misrepresented the boat features. I was able to recognize the bad unit when the power was reconnected and it behaved exactly like my failing Eagle GPS on my bass boat. Conclusion: buyer beware when dealing with MarineMax. I was unable to check this out because of bad weather after an 8 hour drive to view/buy the boat - so I share the fault but I expected more from MarineMax.
        Dave[br]2005 mako 171

Comment

Working...
        X