1968 19' Mako redo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1968 19' Mako redo

Hey everyone, I've always loved old makos and I managed to find a 19' about two years ago, I'm about to cut the decks and transom out and replace everything (mostly) original. Does anybody know how to find out which hull number I have??? I have papers with the registration number...any help would be great! Thank, Chris.
    [br]Wishin I was fishin, Chris.

And how do I post pictures??

Comment

And how do I post pictures??

Comment

Chris...there are lots of threads on this site detailing full rebuilds...here's mine:

http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=38638

For the pics: Open a photobucket accout at photobucket.com (free) and upload your pics. Once you are on the site you mouse over the photo you want to post...there are some choices that pop up...go to the bottom one and click...it will say "copied". Then come back here and paste in what you copied...the photo will show up.

I look forward to seeing pics of your 68 19 footer...you can post the reg# (your hull might not have an ID) on the discussion forum of this site. Triple Bogey is Brett Schwebke, son of Bob who started Mako...he might be able to help you with finding out more about your boat. He is regularly on the site and will answer you when he has time...good luck!
        [/URL]

Comment

Chris...there are lots of threads on this site detailing full rebuilds...here's mine:

http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=38638

For the pics: Open a photobucket accout at photobucket.com (free) and upload your pics. Once you are on the site you mouse over the photo you want to post...there are some choices that pop up...go to the bottom one and click...it will say "copied". Then come back here and paste in what you copied...the photo will show up.

I look forward to seeing pics of your 68 19 footer...you can post the reg# (your hull might not have an ID) on the discussion forum of this site. Triple Bogey is Brett Schwebke, son of Bob who started Mako...he might be able to help you with finding out more about your boat. He is regularly on the site and will answer you when he has time...good luck!
          [/URL]

Comment

Thanks Farley, Your 19 really turned out great! I've been trying to find an old 19 forever and finally gave up when this one practically fell in my lap. Getting the registration for it and finding out the year justy put the icing on the cake for me. How would you know if it's on of the "original 40"?? I'm still pretty green to this site so I'm not even sure how to contact "Brett Schwebke".

Lucky for me I've been working in boat houses here in eastern north carolina since i was 13 building custom sportfishing boats. I plan to restore my 19 this fall/winter mostly original with a few new perks ie. teak steering pod, teak decks, maybe close the transom in and put a bracket with a jack plate with a 150 4 stroke yamaha...not sure yet need some input on that one. Needless to say I'm anxious to get started.

There does seem to be alot of these projects on here and I'm excited to learn from others trial and error. any fore warnings are greatly appricated.

My hull ID # is... M1914568

Hopefully someone can help me narrow down what I have.

Pictures soon...(when I figure it out) haha

Thanks,

Chris

Comment

you guys are killing me. the more I see these old 19s, the more I wish I'd held out for one instead of the 171. the 171 is a great boat, but I am almost hoping the opportunity for a 19 does not come my way, I'm not sure I could resist! I will be following your thread, looking forward to pictures.
              Richard Snyder[br]Wachapreague, VA[br][br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=43622[br]http://www.vims.edu/esl/

Comment

Chris...not sure about your hull ID #....mine has a letter for the month, followed by the day and year..preceded by a bunch of other numbers. So C868 makes it a manufacture date of March 8, 1968...looking at yours I'll bet it is May 14 1968...you'll know its one of the first 40 if it has a keel...post some pics! Farley
                [/URL]

Comment

Good deal, it does have a keel. I'll post pictures when I'm home, my tabs not giving me the options you mentioned on photobucket.

Comment

Comment

Sweet got it figured out...more to follow.

Comment

Comment

The Keel the very bottom of the boat center needs to be out of water to see. It will have a rib sticking down on the keel. Their are couple of topic on mako projects. that have pics of what your looking for. Or take pics of your boat out of water they will let you know if it is a first 40.
                          Steve 72 Mako 17 Angler

Comment

Thanks Steve, I'm 100% positive it has the keel. I just haven't had time to get some updated photo's. Busy work week. These pictures are just a couple I had on my tab. I've been trying to get familiar with everything including posting pictures. I'll have some more loaded up this weekend.

Comment

Thanks Steve, I'm 100% positive it has the keel. I just haven't had time to get some updated photo's. Busy work week. These pictures are just a couple I had on my tab. I've been trying to get familiar with everything including posting pictures. I'll have some more loaded up this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X