New / Trying to post pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New / Trying to post pics?

Marty here. Bought a 1977 17" last year. It was shrunkwrapped and not used for years. Got allot of work ahead of me.

I would like to post some pics but cant figure out how to.

Can someone help out?

Thanks.

Marty

Ok. Here is the first pic.

Comment

Looks like a great project Mako.
      Perdido Key, FL[br]Birmingham, AL[br]\"Old age and treachery will always win out over youth and inexperience.\"[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18523[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22153

Comment

I'm trying to get it running first. Not using the main fuel tank. Carbs rebuilt, fuel pump gone over, new water impeller. Tried kicking it over. Starter solenoid got stuck as I was turning the key. Positive battery cable got very hot and smoked. Now I have to go through those components.

Comment

Here are a few more pics.

Comment

Nice looking 17 looks like it been well taken care of Iam also trying to figure out how to post pics but have had no luck so far Ive just about give up. I sent you e-mail maybe you can help me out. Ive fallowed dir. in different messages but it not working so far.
            Steve 72 Mako 17 Angler

Comment

In regards to posting the pics.

First you have to create an account with photo bucket. It's free.

From there you are able to choose the pics from there you want to post.

Comment

Mack...why restore that boat? Looks like it sits high in the water judging by the boot stripe...hull looks good...its obviously been well taken care of. Is your transom bad? Grab the engine skeg while its tilted up and lift up as hard as you can..if it flexes...OK, but otherwise...why spend the time and money on a boat that looks to be in pretty good shape? Trust me, once you cut into that thing it'll be an expensive time of hard work and headaches! Not to mention terminal itc*****s...although its worth it in the long run, I wouldn't do it unless you have to...my boat almost sunk the last time I took it out...had to be rebuilt.

Not trying to talk you out of anything...
                [/URL]

Comment

Thanks for the advise. I feel the some way with the direction I need to take. As of right now my evaluation of it so far is I need to get it running, the wiring under the Center Console is cracked, and I need to do some surface repairs of the gel coat. Also the coffin cover is spongy and requires replacement.

Long term would be to restore the hull and interior and repaint.

I will for sure do that inspection like you said with the transom.

I will attach pics of the areas that need repair.

Thanks

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X