Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunburnt
    replied
    Hi And welcome to CM, Yes its for grounding, flat cable is what you should use. The fuel line will have 2 sometimes 3 clamps on it, just tuck it into the hose so that it goes under just one clamp that is closest to the end of the hose. But also look at the new tank sometimes they put a tab on the pipes going into the tank so you can crimp an eye on the cable and screw it to the tab. And the other way which is probably the most simple is to just clamp it directly to the pipe after you get the fuel line on.

There are different sections in the forums, if you have more questions on anything you can use the "Discussion" forum or the "projects" forum

Leave a comment:

• Sunburnt
    replied
    Hi And welcome to CM, Yes its for grounding, flat cable is what you should use. The fuel line will have 2 sometimes 3 clamps on it, just tuck it into the hose so that it goes under just one clamp that is closest to the end of the hose. But also look at the new tank sometimes they put a tab on the pipes going into the tank so you can crimp an eye on the cable and screw it to the tab. And the other way which is probably the most simple is to just clamp it directly to the pipe after you get the fuel line on.

There are different sections in the forums, if you have more questions on anything you can use the "Discussion" forum or the "projects" forum

Leave a comment:

• stillwater77
    started a topic Wire from gas filler tube

Wire from gas filler tube

I am putting in a new gas tank. there was a wire from where you put the gas in that ran all the way down to the gas tank. It looked like the wire ran inside the rubber hose that connects the filler tube to the gas tank. The hose was in reall ruff shape and I took it out and threw it away before i really inspected it and realized there was a wire in there. Did this really go inside the rubber hose where it was exposed to gas? I am sure this wire is to ground the fill tube and the tank together???
Working...
X