Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here to learn about Makos

Good Afternoon,

My name is Clay and yes, I am another newbie. I am hear to learn as much as I can about Makos as I am seriously considering buying one someday soon after I move to the Washington D.C. area later this year. I will admit though, I am a total newb to even boating having never even owned a fresh water boat, let alone a classic Mako. What I do know however is I am very big on research and I plan to read as many post on this forum as I can to become the best educated potential Mako owner possible.

With that said, thank you for creating such a resourceful site and I have a lot of questions I want to ask...but will hold back for now as I am sure they're answered somewhere in here. Thank you for reading and I look forward to getting to know everyone soon enough.
    Living in DC area and a lover of Makos though I have yet to own one. Particular fondness for Mako 17 Anglers

welcome and good luck. Do you know someone that you can go out on their boat for awhile that way you can get some first hand knowledge
    1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

Comment

welcome and good luck. Do you know someone that you can go out on their boat for awhile that way you can get some first hand knowledge
      1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

Comment

Comment

Great point brando and no, unfortunately I do not know anyone in the D.C. area...yet. I just may look into getting involved in the local fishing clubs and hopefully can make some friends there. I would love to learn more about how difficult it is to restore an older Mako because a winter project boat could be right up my alley and perhaps put some new power on her in the Spring. Honestly there's a lot I need to learn between now and then but I plan to read up on here, surf craigslist on what the market is like, and try to buy a few books on boats.

BTW, does anyone have any advice on which Mako models would be best for being trailer-able with a single engine being plenty of power? I have looked at the project boats and the 224 seems to be an awfully pretty boat.
          Living in DC area and a lover of Makos though I have yet to own one. Particular fondness for Mako 17 Anglers

Comment

Great point brando and no, unfortunately I do not know anyone in the D.C. area...yet. I just may look into getting involved in the local fishing clubs and hopefully can make some friends there. I would love to learn more about how difficult it is to restore an older Mako because a winter project boat could be right up my alley and perhaps put some new power on her in the Spring. Honestly there's a lot I need to learn between now and then but I plan to read up on here, surf craigslist on what the market is like, and try to buy a few books on boats.

BTW, does anyone have any advice on which Mako models would be best for being trailer-able with a single engine being plenty of power? I have looked at the project boats and the 224 seems to be an awfully pretty boat.

Comment

Comment

What kind of tow vehicle do u have?

Comment

What kind of tow vehicle do u have?

Comment

I have a 2004 4Runner which can tow 5,000 lbs.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X