1987 Mako 261 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 Mako 261 help

Hello all,, I recently purchased a 1987 Mako 261 about a month ago.. I started the restoration process stripping it down,, fixing all the chips knicks and stress cracks. I noticed a thin small stress crack about 1 inch long at the transom on the left corner coming from under the aluminum trim piece... So i decide to take it off only to discover that my transom is rotted... I got a small drill bit and started drillin downward toward the drain plug and the lower I drilled, the wetter the bit came out..[] ... I really dont want to try and fix this myself I might end up making it worse... Do you guys have any suggestions for a good and reputable repair shop down here in Miami,Fl that does this type of transon repair work. I would like to tow it to get some estimates.... Thanks appreciate all help...

Mike, I'm in Miami too and with a 1987 256 with same problem. I'm considering going to Hemco to enclose transom and bracket. Looking into options (Armstron, Stainless Marine). Any suggestions on the bracket. I have twin 225 Optimaxs. Let me know. Cesar Sordo

Comment

Mike, I'm in Miami too and with a 1987 256 with same problem. I'm considering going to Hemco to enclose transom and bracket. Looking into options (Armstron, Stainless Marine). Any suggestions on the bracket. I have twin 225 Optimaxs. Let me know. Cesar Sordo

Comment

Working...
      X