Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi We just bought our first Mako. So nice that there's a a classic Mako sight. We bought a 1990 22'. Post pictures soon!

welcome to CM.
    Perdido Key, FL[br]Birmingham, AL[br]\"Old age and treachery will always win out over youth and inexperience.\"[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18523[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22153

Comment

Hey Im new on this site also , sorry to have read of your troubles and un scrupulus , encounters with idiots , but look dont worry about your tank and foam ,if it was done correctly it will be just fine, as for your lower unit replace with an exact match ,if your old one is cracked as you say its useless, do not reweld and rebuild your askin for a never ending night mare ! good luck hope all turns out for ya

Comment

Hey Im new on this site also , sorry to have read of your troubles and un scrupulus , encounters with idiots , but look dont worry about your tank and foam ,if it was done correctly it will be just fine, as for your lower unit replace with an exact match ,if your old one is cracked as you say its useless, do not reweld and rebuild your askin for a never ending night mare ! good luck hope all turns out for ya

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by skfloridamako

Hi We just bought our first Mako. So nice that there's a a classic Mako sight. We bought a 1990 22'. Post pictures soon!

Comment

quote:

Comment

quote:

Comment

How do I post pictures? We got the lower unit fixed. The spare lower unit was full of metal and gunk and no good. Found a serviced one as I found out a truly rebuilt lower unit would have been extremely expensive. So this morning, loaded everyone up to out this morning. Pulled the boat on ramp and as it tilted GAS started coming out of the bilge! This is our DAy 2 experience on our lovely boat. We noticed that there was a screw missing from gas tank, so we replaced the gasket and added the screws and yes we properly aligned the gasket with top. I think it's a leak. Can anyone tell me how to check this or what a "real"mechanic will be looking for without bsing me. This is serious now. I have kids and gasonline is a problem.

Comment

How do I post pictures? We got the lower unit fixed. The spare lower unit was full of metal and gunk and no good. Found a serviced one as I found out a truly rebuilt lower unit would have been extremely expensive. So this morning, loaded everyone up to out this morning. Pulled the boat on ramp and as it tilted GAS started coming out of the bilge! This is our DAy 2 experience on our lovely boat. We noticed that there was a screw missing from gas tank, so we replaced the gasket and added the screws and yes we properly aligned the gasket with top. I think it's a leak. Can anyone tell me how to check this or what a "real"mechanic will be looking for without bsing me. This is serious now. I have kids and gasonline is a problem.

Comment

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by ed poplin

Thanks Ed. Welcome too. I see you are a fiberglass guru. Interested in speaking with you once I get the gas issue resolved.

Comment

quote:

Thanks Ed. Welcome too. I see you are a fiberglass guru. Interested in speaking with you once I get the gas issue resolved.

Comment

quote:

Comment

to post pictures the best way is to open up a photobucket account. Upload your pictures. How you do that is look for the link that sais IMG copy and past it to your message. leave a space or two between txt and your picture.

You said you noticed a screw missing in your fuel tank? Where at? The only screw I can imagine is around your sending unit. You may need a new fuel tank.

These questions are more suited for projects or discussion. You will get more responses
                            1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

Comment

to post pictures the best way is to open up a photobucket account. Upload your pictures. How you do that is look for the link that sais IMG copy and past it to your message. leave a space or two between txt and your picture.

You said you noticed a screw missing in your fuel tank? Where at? The only screw I can imagine is around your sending unit. You may need a new fuel tank.

These questions are more suited for projects or discussion. You will get more responses
                              1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

Comment

Working...
                              X