Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheFishTank
    replied
    Are you the 'Tunacious' in Florida who had a 31 Oceanmaster on the market recently?

If so, I know you from Swordfish Central forum. My handle there is 'DonK'

If not...my bad []

Leave a comment:

• DestinBound
    replied
    Welcome! We definitely need more details and plenty of pics []

Leave a comment:

• TheFishTank
    replied
    Welcome aboard the board!

Leave a comment:

• JPAGE
    replied
    Welcome first and foremost! What year is your inboard? Mako made two different style inboards the earlier 23 inboard or the 236 that came along in 79' or so. As for running gear make sure transmission shifts smoothly and quietly. Check the shaft stuffing and rudder stuffing. make sure your rubber hose/seal that connects the shaft log to the stuffing box is in good shape along with the clamps. check the cutlass bearing(rubber piece in strut) is good. take her for a spin. These boats are very simple once you learn what everything does. We need to see pictures!

Leave a comment:

• michigan dave
    replied
    Welcome aboard to both of you!!! We are all a little pre-ocupied these days getting ready for the Destin funament. Hopefully we will see both your inboards down that way some day. The Inboard prices have come down some in the last few years, but are still a very desirable boat in my opinion. I think its because of everyones need for speed these days. Me personally, I like the rumble and the slow steady pace of an Inboard, and the way they handle the chop. I have had several inboards of different makes. But never a Mako Inboard....

Post up some pics!!!!

dave

Leave a comment:

• Attaboy
    replied
    Welcome to the forum. I am a new member here myself (couple months) and have a 1986 MAKO 236 IB. I am in the process of upgrading everything on the boat (except engine-I pray)and will be happy to share what I have learned so far. There are others on here that know literally everything about the IB and they too, are quick to offer advice and info.

Leave a comment:

• Tunacious
    started a topic 23 Inboard Newbie

23 Inboard Newbie

Newbie to Makos and this looks like a great site for info. Just purchased a 23 inboard thats in pretty good shape but would like to get it dialed in. Already have three other boats but this boat was to cool to pass up. Can someone tell me what these boats are worth in todays market? What should I look for in the running gear to make sure its ready to go. 350 Mercruiser engine. Thanks in advance and am looking forward to being part of the Mako community.
Working...
X