Honda IST 200 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda IST 200 2019

Bought a New Honda IST 200. New Fly by Wire Technology. Matched it up with a Simrad GO unit and a Simrad VHF. At the recommendation of my Trusted Mechanic I went with the Honda. Instead of all other brands for my 2006 Mako212 CC . Now over a month later after I purchased this set up . I stand waiting for a Back ordered F Terminator Cable from Honda? It baffles me how Honda can sell a rig without providing all the necessary parts to complete the rigging? Call Honda they give you a 1000 excuses and several dates a back ordered part can come in? It is a $35.00 part. Now holding me up going into the second month. And to beat. Honda tells me they cannot over night the part to my dealer? As a USCG Captain during season. I can tell you it is a bit frustrating. I just hope this is a fluke? Not a good way for Honda to start a relationship off with a customer spending Thousands on a product they market! All about Logistics! Logistics wins wars ! No supply chain no movement happens!

That sucks. Hopefully it will get resolved. I would be blowing up the dealer that sold you the motor every day and then I would be asking for the regional manager and blow him up every day. Tell them you are spreading the story on every boating forum you can find and they will respond.
    quote:

Originally posted by Mako21us

Bought a New Honda IST 200. New Fly by Wire Technology. Matched it up with a Simrad GO unit and a Simrad VHF. At the recommendation of my Trusted Mechanic I went with the Honda. Instead of all other brands for my 2006 Mako212 CC . Now over a month later after I purchased this set up . I stand waiting for a Back ordered F Terminator Cable from Honda? It baffles me how Honda can sell a rig without providing all the necessary parts to complete the rigging? Call Honda they give you a 1000 excuses and several dates a back ordered part can come in? It is a $35.00 part. Now holding me up going into the second month. And to beat. Honda tells me they cannot over night the part to my dealer? As a USCG Captain during season. I can tell you it is a bit frustrating. I just hope this is a fluke? Not a good way for Honda to start a relationship off with a customer spending Thousands on a product they market! All about Logistics! Logistics wins wars ! No supply chain no movement happens!

1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

That sucks. Hopefully it will get resolved. I would be blowing up the dealer that sold you the motor every day and then I would be asking for the regional manager and blow him up every day. Tell them you are spreading the story on every boating forum you can find and they will respond.
      quote:

1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
      1985 Mako 20c - sold
      Fort Walton Beach, FL

Comment

quote:

1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
        1985 Mako 20c - sold
        Fort Walton Beach, FL

Comment

Working...
        X