2001 evinrude 150 need new computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 evinrude 150 need new computer

I have a 2001 Evinrude 150 on the stern of a Mako 77 and I am told it needs a rebuilt computer. Everything else on the engine seems in good shape good compression, fuel delivery, gear oil clean etc, It Will fire up if you give it gas, but then starts immediately. Mechanic has gone through everything and says two of the cylinders arent firing and figures the computer must not be sending the message. Its been a great motor With only standard maintenance requirements over the years, just wondering what else might be wrong. I thousand dollars for a rebuilt computer plus installation. Sound right? Any advice or guidance would be welcomed. Im in Monmouth County New Jersey

I had my computer on my 2003 RUDE200 rebuilt by Eric @ http://www.*mputersupply.com/contact.html

Give him a call. He is super nice to deal with and if you have any mechanical ability you can swap it yourself.

He used to work for Evinrude back in the Ficht days so he is very familiar with them.
    Brian[br]1992 Mako 221[br]1987 Bayliner 17 (sold)[br]1963 Elgin (sold)[br]Pasadena,MD[br][email protected][br]I am a PROUD DEPLORABLE[br]\"Make America Great Again\"[br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by BlueCrab

I had my computer on my 2003 RUDE200 rebuilt by Eric @ http://www.*mputersupply.com/contact.html

Give him a call. He is super nice to deal with and if you have any mechanical ability you can swap it yourself.

He used to work for Evinrude back in the Ficht days so he is very familiar with them.

What he said.

My '04 was rebuilt 2 years ago. Eric is local, I have met and he even came to the house and checked out boat and motor.
      \'93 241 https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...etting-started
      \'82 224 - Mobile, AL Gone but NEVER Forgotten - https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...indshield-tank

Comment

Sorry, for some reason this forum will not let me insert a webpage address
        Brian[br]1992 Mako 221[br]1987 Bayliner 17 (sold)[br]1963 Elgin (sold)[br]Pasadena,MD[br][email protected][br]I am a PROUD DEPLORABLE[br]\"Make America Great Again\"[br]

Comment

The company I use is DFI Technologies in Orange Beach, AL

They have replacement or fix yours for quick turnaround/ they handle injectors too. Also available for FAQ on the phone

Google name and you will find web site

Comment

The company I use is DFI Technologies in Orange Beach, AL

They have replacement or fix yours for quick turnaround/ they handle injectors too. Also available for FAQ on the phone

Google name and you will find web site

Comment

Should have also mentioned the other company with a good reputation is Marine Computer Supply of Mobile, AL

Google name for website

Comment

Probably need to remind you that the new computer needs to be flashed with your old injector parameters or you will likely burn the engine up. Its as simple as downloading your current program before it gets sent off. And/or making sure the company who rebuilds it does this for you...
                [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

DFI handles all flashing in house - already set up prior to re-installation

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by jsherlax36

DFI handles all flashing in house - already set up prior to re-installation

Marine Computer Supply does that as well. He sends it back you reinstall it and you are off and running.

Comment

Working...
                    X