06 Evinrude 150 Ficht?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 Evinrude 150 Ficht?

Is this motor plagued by some of the problems the late 90s Fichts had? As some of you know, I need to repower my 20 this winter. Ive priced new motors and look through craigslist a few times a week. I found this 06 Ficht on a 78 Cruisers inc. It has not run in a while I understand and the guy selling it doesnt know much about it. The owner passed away he inherited it. The boat is shot, waterlogged and upholstery is disintegrating but, I will need to buy the boat, motor and trailer just for the motor. The current asking price for the boat, motor and trailer is 1000$. Worth looking at or should I pass?
    Long Island NY [br]1985 Mako 20C[br]2003 Yamaha OX66 150[br]

06 should be e tec. I beleive they stopped producing the ficht in 2003 model year but I may be wrong. I do know that in 04 The etec was introduced because BRP bought the company in 2002-3ish
    Marc Muzzy[br]S.W. Florida [br]Anna Maria Island[br]\'81 25 \'09 suzuki 250[br]

Comment

Thanks Muzzy. The motor said Ficht on it. Also said 2006 EPA Regulations on the cowl. Either way, the guy sold it before I could check the motor out. The search continues.

Comment

the emissions sticker isnt the year. My motors are 2004 direct injections and hey have a 2006 emissions sticker..b everything I have read the Bombardier built Evinrudes are much better than teh FICHT's

Comment

My 2003 200 has the same sticker.

After getting my computer repaired and flushing the cooling system this summer it now runs like a raped date.

Although it only has about 185 hours on the motor I am still thinking of selling it and going with a new SUZI
          Brian[br]1992 Mako 221[br]1987 Bayliner 17 (sold)[br]1963 Elgin (sold)[br]Pasadena,MD[br][email protected][br]I am a PROUD DEPLORABLE[br]\"Make America Great Again\"[br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by nitrous4me

the emissions sticker isnt the year. My motors are 2004 direct injections and hey have a 2006 emissions sticker..b everything I have read the Bombardier built Evinrudes are much better than teh FICHT's

Ok Thanks. Didnt know that and I was just going by what the seller told me.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by BlueCrab

After getting my computer repaired and flushing the cooling system this summer it now runs like a raped date.

Although it only has about 185 hours on the motor I am still thinking of selling it and going with a new SUZI

I would love a new zook. Got a quote for a new 175 of 18k out the door.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Thors Outlaw

quote:

I would love a new zook. Got a quote for a new 175 of 18k out the door.

That's HIGH. I got quoted 15 and change for a 200 fly by wire with controls and gauge from International Marine if I wanted to drive all the way to Florida or a tad less if I wanted to do it myself(they will ship it to me).

I then shopped locally and finally found someone about an hour away that was the same price. 4500 less than the dealer 1/2 mile from my house.
                Brian[br]1992 Mako 221[br]1987 Bayliner 17 (sold)[br]1963 Elgin (sold)[br]Pasadena,MD[br][email protected][br]I am a PROUD DEPLORABLE[br]\"Make America Great Again\"[br]

Comment

quote:

That's HIGH. I got quoted 15 and change for a 200 fly by wire with controls and gauge from International Marine if I wanted to drive all the way to Florida or a tad less if I wanted to do it myself(they will ship it to me).

I then shopped locally and finally found someone about an hour away that was the same price. 4500 less than the dealer 1/2 mile from my house.

That's the going rate here on Long Island. Absolute best price I got was for either a 150 Opimax or Merc 4 stroke 150 for 15,500$. Highest was for a 200 Evinrude Etec G1 for 19,821$. Absurd!

Comment

Working...
                  X