Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

06 Evinrude 150 Ficht?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 06 Evinrude 150 Ficht?

    Is this motor plagued by some of the problems the late 90s Fichts had? As some of you know, I need to repower my 20 this winter. Ive priced new motors and look through craigslist a few times a week. I found this 06 Ficht on a 78 Cruisers inc. It has not run in a while I understand and the guy selling it doesnt know much about it. The owner passed away he inherited it. The boat is shot, waterlogged and upholstery is disintegrating but, I will need to buy the boat, motor and trailer just for the motor. The current asking price for the boat, motor and trailer is 1000$. Worth looking at or should I pass?
    Long Island NY [br]1985 Mako 20C[br]2003 Yamaha OX66 150[br]

  • #2
    06 should be e tec. I beleive they stopped producing the ficht in 2003 model year but I may be wrong. I do know that in 04 The etec was introduced because BRP bought the company in 2002-3ish
    Marc Muzzy[br]S.W. Florida [br]Anna Maria Island[br]\'81 25 \'09 suzuki 250[br]

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks Muzzy. The motor said Ficht on it. Also said 2006 EPA Regulations on the cowl. Either way, the guy sold it before I could check the motor out. The search continues.
      Long Island NY [br]1985 Mako 20C[br]2003 Yamaha OX66 150[br]

      Comment


      • #4
        the emissions sticker isnt the year. My motors are 2004 direct injections and hey have a 2006 emissions sticker..b everything I have read the Bombardier built Evinrudes are much better than teh FICHT's

        Comment


        • #5
          My 2003 200 has the same sticker.

          After getting my computer repaired and flushing the cooling system this summer it now runs like a raped date.

          Although it only has about 185 hours on the motor I am still thinking of selling it and going with a new SUZI
          Brian[br]1992 Mako 221[br]1987 Bayliner 17 (sold)[br]1963 Elgin (sold)[br]Pasadena,MD[br][email protected][br]I am a PROUD DEPLORABLE[br]\"Make America Great Again\"[br]

          Comment


          • #6
            quote:


            Originally posted by nitrous4me


            the emissions sticker isnt the year. My motors are 2004 direct injections and hey have a 2006 emissions sticker..b everything I have read the Bombardier built Evinrudes are much better than teh FICHT's



            Ok Thanks. Didnt know that and I was just going by what the seller told me.
            Long Island NY [br]1985 Mako 20C[br]2003 Yamaha OX66 150[br]

            Comment


            • #7
              quote:


              Originally posted by BlueCrab


              My 2003 200 has the same sticker.

              After getting my computer repaired and flushing the cooling system this summer it now runs like a raped date.


              Although it only has about 185 hours on the motor I am still thinking of selling it and going with a new SUZI


              I would love a new zook. Got a quote for a new 175 of 18k out the door.
              Long Island NY [br]1985 Mako 20C[br]2003 Yamaha OX66 150[br]

              Comment


              • #8
                quote:


                Originally posted by Thors Outlaw


                quote:


                Originally posted by BlueCrab


                My 2003 200 has the same sticker.

                After getting my computer repaired and flushing the cooling system this summer it now runs like a raped date.


                Although it only has about 185 hours on the motor I am still thinking of selling it and going with a new SUZI


                I would love a new zook. Got a quote for a new 175 of 18k out the door.



                That's HIGH. I got quoted 15 and change for a 200 fly by wire with controls and gauge from International Marine if I wanted to drive all the way to Florida or a tad less if I wanted to do it myself(they will ship it to me).

                I then shopped locally and finally found someone about an hour away that was the same price. 4500 less than the dealer 1/2 mile from my house.
                Brian[br]1992 Mako 221[br]1987 Bayliner 17 (sold)[br]1963 Elgin (sold)[br]Pasadena,MD[br][email protected][br]I am a PROUD DEPLORABLE[br]\"Make America Great Again\"[br]

                Comment


                • #9
                  quote:


                  Originally posted by BlueCrab

                  That's HIGH. I got quoted 15 and change for a 200 fly by wire with controls and gauge from International Marine if I wanted to drive all the way to Florida or a tad less if I wanted to do it myself(they will ship it to me).

                  I then shopped locally and finally found someone about an hour away that was the same price. 4500 less than the dealer 1/2 mile from my house.



                  That's the going rate here on Long Island. Absolute best price I got was for either a 150 Opimax or Merc 4 stroke 150 for 15,500$. Highest was for a 200 Evinrude Etec G1 for 19,821$. Absurd!
                  Long Island NY [br]1985 Mako 20C[br]2003 Yamaha OX66 150[br]

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X