2 wire trim motor onto ox66 250 that uses 4 wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 wire trim motor onto ox66 250 that uses 4 wires

So following up on another thread, I bought a replacement trim assembly from another member on hulltruth to replace the bad assembly on my 2001 ox66 250. Model numbers looked identical, and it didn't occur to me to check the wiring harness to the motor.

The new unit is a two wire motor, and mine was a four wire motor. Looks possible to swap the motors but the new one is in much better shape than old.

Is there an easy way to make this work? I can think of a way to do it using a couple of additional relays, but hoping there's a simpler way I'm not thinking of?
    Sold the 17\', moved to FL... I need a new handle.[br]1991 Jupiter 31, current project[br]2005 Everglades 243, sold[br]2012 Contender 23 Open sold[br]1989 Intrepid 246 WA--gone to Australia[br]1973 Mako 17--sold with regrets[br]1992 Mako 17--started it all[br]Pompano, FL

You really just have to figure out how to get power to each wire separately. The trim motor housing is grounded to the bracket, so supply Pos+ power to Green wire to go down, supply Pos+ power to the blue wire to go up. Probably use any trim switch and two relays
    [br]Michael R. Delgado[br]1972 Mako 22[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15745[br]1976 Mako 25[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18013&SearchTerms=mako,25[br]

Comment

Turns out the ox66 relays are grounded at rest instead of an open circuit. That meant I was fine straight up. Connected green to green and blue to blue. The previous heavy black was left off, and I had to connect the small black to ground. That one is a thermal sensor on the four wire motor, and grounding out the wire mimics it working.
      Sold the 17\', moved to FL... I need a new handle.[br]1991 Jupiter 31, current project[br]2005 Everglades 243, sold[br]2012 Contender 23 Open sold[br]1989 Intrepid 246 WA--gone to Australia[br]1973 Mako 17--sold with regrets[br]1992 Mako 17--started it all[br]Pompano, FL

Comment

Working...
      X