No power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power

Have 17 ft Mako skiff w/60 hp mercury. Motor will not start. Have power to all switches and pumps but can not get a waning beep that engine is about to start. Replaced ignition switch and jumper kill switch and that did not work. Anyone had this problem? Boat is 2013

is there a fuse block on the side of the motor? Trim-tilt work? I assume no starter either?

Comment

I will check the fuses. You are correct, no tilt-trim or starter. Thank you

Comment

Hmm, the no crank could be a few things, with battery cutoff switch ON, check for 12V at the starter solenoid on the motor, you should have that. Next, if you can get help or a clip check to see if you get 12v at the solenoid on the small yellow (I think its yellow, may be red/yellow striped) wire when you go to start the motor. If that doesn't change then its likely the harness plug is loose/corroded or the neutral safety switch failed (in the throttle housing).

The trim-tilt also not working, leads me to the harness plug or a bad ground though.

Comment

found two ATM fuses 15 and 25 blown, replaced nothing, have power to starter will check throttle safety this weekend. Thanks for the advise.

Comment

The neutral safety was corroded. Was able to clean and now have the SWEET sound of a running motor . Taking some time off work this week . Going island hopping
            off the inter coastal waterway in Dunedin with the wife. Thanks for the great advise.

Comment

Glad to hear it!

Comment

Working...
              X